Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
LaughingWater 11-May-23
Orion 11-May-23
yooper89 11-May-23
LaughingWater 11-May-23
Aspen Ghost 11-May-23
11-May-23
Hi all - i'm not a CO resident, but my brother is. Unfortunately for me, he spends all his time with a fly rod, and none with a bow, but there is a chance I may be able to head out to visit him this august for a few days. He is in the Denver area, and I am wondering if i should try to sneak in an antelope hunt somewhere in CO - presumably east of Denver, although i am not against driving west/north/south.

I don't have any points - can anyone point me in the right direction to try to pull this off? not looking for honey holes - just curious about what i shuold be looking into as far as public land / trespass fees / outfitter tags / etc.

I'd love to spot and stalk, but i realize that water hole hunting is probably a whole lot easier. all thoughts appreciated!

11-May-23
Look at the units that are OTC for archery antelope and get after it.

11-May-23
Is your brother a firefighter by chance?

11-May-23
no, he is not a firefighter.

11-May-23
Most lands east of Denver will be private so the public lands might be busy. Second draw is coming up June 30 and after that there might be some draw tags pop up on returns so keep an eye on that. But keep in mind that there was severe winter kill in the some NW units so leftover/return tags there might not be a great experience.

• Sitka Gear