Contributors to this thread:
Mathewsphone 02-Jun-23
PopeYoung400 03-Jun-23
samman 05-Jun-23
WYOelker 07-Jun-23
02-Jun-23
Looking for info winter kill if any ?

03-Jun-23
I can’t speak about 10 with certainty but I do live in NW Colorado and the winter kill in our region was significant. I’ve heard of massive Pronghorn loss in those units and got to believe elk in unit 10 did not fair well either as the snow depth was historic all the way to Vernal and beyond. The good news is that U10 has tons of elk (over objective) if I’m not mistaken so maybe the loss will not be as noticeable out there.

05-Jun-23
We hunted 201 for doe pronghorn (rifle) last year & saw tons. The neighbor kid drew this year (rifle). Hoping we can find a few to get him one. They cut the tags from 25 to 10, so figure it was pretty bad up there. Any info would be appreciated.

07-Jun-23
All of the NW got hit hard. The number will be down. There will be some big. Ills and luckily the tag allocations are low. The hunt should be fun, but I have a feeling a lot of the older mature bulls did not make it and where it used to be a hint for 360 plus bull you are likely looking at a 300” hunt with and full of bigger bulls.

• Sitka Gear