Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
OldFart 25-Jun-23
Longcruise 26-Jun-23
cnelk 26-Jun-23
Aspen Ghost 26-Jun-23
Jaquomo 26-Jun-23
25-Jun-23
This is a follow on from my post on "Bowsite.com" Thought it was now more applicable to the CO Bowsite.

I planned to use the Etrike for things other than just hunting and even then, not on single track or other narrow trails. I want to use it for local riding, especially on Metro trails and roads and Forest Service roads and trails up near my cabin out from Jefferson, CO, Would also use on private land on friend's land and on my farm in W TN (mostly flat land and small hills). Any Help Here would be greatly Appreciated! : I've tried (and tried) to gather info about what specific trails are allowed and what trails aren't allowed for Ebikes in Colorado. Experiences/Knowledge please!!! Email [email protected] OR forum THANKS Ray

26-Jun-23
It's probable that you are asking people who, for the most part, don't know any more than you do. Talk to the enforcement officers for the various land management agencies. NFS, state, county, NPS, city, etc.

26-Jun-23
The Colorado Hunting Atlas has an ebike selection map.

26-Jun-23
But an etrike is not an ebike. Some ebike trails are intended only for 2 wheel vehicles so you cannot assume an ebike trail is ok for etrikes unless it is also open to quads.

You really need to contact each agency that governs a specific piece of property to find out the rules. And chances are they will not know, or will make up a response that they "think might be right", because most places don't actually have rules for etrikes, e-unicycles, e-pogo sticks and other uncommon motorized devices yet.

Or you could just use it wherever it fits and when someone says you can't, ask them what regulation prohibits an etrike on that trail.

26-Jun-23
USFS rules are pretty simple - if open to motorized vehicles, then open to ebikes/trikes.. otherwise, not. BLM allows them some places, not others. Same with State Trust lands, which are case by case.

What cnelk said..

• Sitka Gear