2Wild Bill 02-Nov-23
Tail Chaser 03-Nov-23
Shawn 03-Nov-23
Tail Chaser 05-Nov-23
luckyman26 21-Nov-23
2Wild Bill 23-Nov-23
Corax_latrans 23-Nov-23
26-Oct-23
So a lot of you have been following my case. I got the letter in the mail to contact the da on how I feel about the situation. I contacted her and told her how I felt. I let her know it was a very serious incident and it should not be taken lightly. She said she was waiting for evidence and needed to get a hold of the Deep Officer to get it. She said she would contact me back within a month and she was going to reschedule his court date. It’s been almost 3 months now. I was wondering what was going on as I never received a call from her. So yesterday I decide I’m gonna call and see what’s going on. The desk lady picks up the phone and informs me that he has a court date tomorrow which is today and I’m like OK well nobody ever contacted me. She’s like she will contact you this afternoon to talk about it, so she called me and proceeded to tell me that he will be taking diversion classes. After six months of completion the charges will be dismissed. This is an absolute joke. This is an absolute letdown. I am so disappointed. I am so frustrated. I literally don’t even know what to say. Not even taking the guys guns.

26-Oct-23
Unbelievable. Are you going to the court today? Maybe you can make your opinions known to the judge.

26-Oct-23
Then the guy feels empowered to do it again or worse. This is exactly where the system fails us.

26-Oct-23
go to the prosecutors office and make your case known..

26-Oct-23
You should be at the court hearing and ask the Court whether you can be heard as the victim of the crime. Again, I would also sue the bastard in civil court as well. Get an aggressive attorney, and make his life miserable. This guy or his attorney know some people who are making sure he only gets a slap on the wrist. BS!

26-Oct-23
Go to the local news channel. Let them look into it.

With all the shit going down in Maine, this guy should be taken seriously.

26-Oct-23
Sounds you were left out of the loop on purpose. Bear down and don't let this D-bag get away with it. Maybe Friends of CT Sportsmen can help....?

26-Oct-23
Crazy.

26-Oct-23
I would focus my anger toward the DA and demand that this be attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon. Insane that he gets 6 months of counseling.

26-Oct-23
I like NE’s suggestion. DA doesn’t want bad press. Local newspaper or news station would be interested especially in lieu of what just happened in ME. Go get him!

27-Oct-23
I feel really bad for ya Shawn - there’s no excuse for that behavior. Without getting political here unfortunately no one is to blame for their actions anymore and there are just no consequences - this is where society has gone -

I agree with everyone here that 6 mos and some counseling is ridiculous for this crime Really unfortunate outcome for you

01-Nov-23
Unreal. There’s a ton of guys sitting in jail over J6 just for being at the capitol. And this guy shoots at you and gets nothing? Our justice system is absolutely F’d.

01-Nov-23
The system is broke. Sorry to hear man.

01-Nov-23
Just my 2 cents but it sounds like you should have attained a better attorney. You’ll have to go after him personally for emotional distress. Did you actually retain an attorney? Do you plan on suing him personally?

01-Nov-23
I’ve never sued anyone in my life. With that being said seeing how he didn’t get nothing but a baby slap on the wrist I’d sue for sure.

01-Nov-23
Need to plead your case to a personal injury attorney. From there he’ll decide if he wants to take the case or not. He may charge you and then you’d in return recoup the attorney fee’s from the criminal. Not sure on the criminals age but if he has assets you could get a hefty payout! Do not wait on this though, get it done and paperwork filed while it’s still fresh in your mind. Good luck!

01-Nov-23
Look into suing him, you should have a strong case. It is your only option now to be compensated. Justice is off the table apparently.

01-Nov-23
My next big piece of advice to do what you want with is to keep the ongoing case to yourself. I wouldn’t go typing anything about the case online, you never want to leave a paper trail for his attorney to use against you. Hopefully this could give you the break you needed. Best wishes my man.

01-Nov-23
My buddy got sued $35,000 for open hand slapping a obnoxious drunk in a bar. It was a civil suit, not a criminal one.

If that POS got that much, I can't imagine what you could get.

01-Nov-23
shawn contact a reputable personal injury atty to see if he would consider filing a civil action for damages. You pay nothing ; they get compensated only if you recover damages so you have nothing to lose.. The criminal case looks like its not going to be productive

01-Nov-23
Shawn, personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis - meaning you don’t pay anything, unless you win. The attorney gets usually 1/3 of any settlement plus his expenses. Balance is your $!

Your personal injury attorney will want to make sure that this idiot has a household insurance policy and/or assets to collect should you be successful in proving your case.

If you have a problem finding an attorney, DM me and I’ll find ya a guy who will make his life hell. Prost

01-Nov-23
You guys are just repeating what I already informed him of. Lol. As far as fees go some attorneys may not take the case or will ask for some money up front. I have seen it many of times. 99.9% of the time if they don’t think the case is solid they will just send you on your way before taking any money. Best bet is to call someone this week and explain your situation

01-Nov-23
Tail, I’m an attorney. Lol. I think I know what I’m talking about. There’s no upfront $. Anyway - Shawn, hit me up if you can’t find someone to sue this ba$tard. Hang in there!

01-Nov-23
Just curious — did we ever hear whether the Perp here had all of his guns confiscated?

02-Nov-23
Nope. He’s keeping them all. Not even temporary removed.

02-Nov-23
So no Red Flag laws here… Lovely.

02-Nov-23
I think he just made it under the red flag stuff..they should've been confiscated until the judge release them

02-Nov-23
Not unbelieveable, but unlawful and awful.

03-Nov-23
Did you contact an attorney yet?

03-Nov-23
Uwshunter gave me some numbers that I’ll be contacting Monday.

05-Nov-23
Awesome, good luck with everything man.

21-Nov-23
I can imagine how frustrated and disappointed you must be with the recent developments in your case. It's essential to have a legal system that ensures justice is served and victims are properly heard.If you feel that the outcome doesn't align with your expectations, you may want to consider seeking legal advice from experts like Oakland's Premier Personal Injury Law Firm. They can help you explore your options and provide guidance on how to proceed. Your well-being and satisfaction with the legal process are important, so don't hesitate to seek further assistance if needed.

23-Nov-23
luckyman26,

"It's essential to have a legal system that ensures justice is served and victims are properly heard."

Very true, however, quickly disappearing in America today. Due process is a principle the Constition framers knew from biblical scripture. The Declaration of Independence lists the shortcomings of a monarchy/tyrant.

I'm cooking today and saw the grade A label on a stick of butter, and wondered how true that could be in a society today that permits men of so little virtue to run things. Psalm 36

23-Nov-23
Um, Bill? That’s not a human you’re talking to there…

• Sitka Gear