maxracx 14-Dec-23
Live2Hunt 14-Dec-23
TargetPanic 14-Dec-23
Drop Tine 15-Dec-23
Pete-pec 15-Dec-23
Trickle rut 16-Dec-23
Grouch 18-Dec-23
16-Nov-23
Another Elk as of this week seen in Columbia County near the Village of Rio. Any bets on when it gets shot starting Saturday?

16-Nov-23
Where near Rio?

16-Nov-23
Planning a hunt HuntFish43? JK, LOL

16-Nov-23
I'll actually be surprised if it doesn't get shot...

16-Nov-23
I heard the over/under for this year is 3 elk shot.

16-Nov-23
I don't know where near Rio. Smile or two I guess but it probably moved since Tuesday.

16-Nov-23
I agree there is no reason to hunt a deer with a gun when you can use a bow .

17-Nov-23

maxracx's embedded Photo
maxracx's embedded Photo
In late Sept he was seen in Weston area, then Oct 11 my neighbors saw him in Kronenwetter within a number of trail cam pics. Fast forward to last week, I am at an account in Montello, and he shows me trail cam pics of the same bull. I was able to compare the photos and without a doubt it is the same bull.

17-Nov-23
I hunt north of Rio and know a # of landowners large and small and was surprised to hear of an elk in the area. The Peter Helland Wildlife Area, Jennings Creek and Duck Creek Public hunting grounds are all nearby so there is a lot of room to roam.

HF43

24-Nov-23
I've hunted Jennings and helland in the past. Crowded. I guess this year being dry and accessible the orange coats are all over

27-Nov-23
This elk was captured on trail cams near Utica / Edgerton a few days ago. Supposedly it is collared and the DNR is monitoring its travels. Last I heard it was spotted near Mt Horeb.

28-Nov-23
Today they reported it near McFarland. And the great DNR Elk expert said it is traveling looking for Cows cause it is Elk breeding season. Not bad she is only off two months from Elk rut. The things they think we will swallow

14-Dec-23
Someone just told me this elk was hit by a car and killed. I'm trying to find a story where

14-Dec-23

Pete-pec's Link

14-Dec-23
Thank you

14-Dec-23
Sad ending, could have been looking for a mate or just trying to get away from the wolves.

14-Dec-23
So sad. I knew it was a matter of time. The miles that animal put on was amazing.

14-Dec-23
Just for a piece of A. Goes to show, it will kill you fast or it will kill ya slow.

14-Dec-23
Probably making its way back to Kentucky where there are no wolves to chase it around. LOL

15-Dec-23
I wonder if that was the same one that they saw in the McFarland area. That one was hit and killed in the Chicago area late last week or earlier this week.

15-Dec-23
Will, it was the same one.

16-Dec-23
Same one. They identified it by ear tag #. He was going home. Back to Kentucky I think. Blows me away they think the DNR that he was rut looking for Cows. They shovel more bs than my great grampa did on his dairy farm.

18-Dec-23
figures it would be killed in illinois, they drive like morons

• Sitka Gear