awh302 01-Dec-23
deerhunter72 01-Dec-23
Lee 05-Dec-23
Bentstick81 07-Dec-23
awh302 07-Dec-23
deerhunter72 17-Dec-23
Franzen 14-Jan-24
30-Nov-23
How many of you have been successful drawing a bobcat tag? I was told by someone in the know that the lead biologist for the State of Illinois told a group of animal rights activists that if they don't like bobcat hunting that they should apply for as many bobcat tags as they can and dump the tags. Has anybody heard this?

30-Nov-23
Don't doubt that could happen. If true and can be proven they should be fired.

01-Dec-23
I heard of things like that happening with the free public dove permits years ago. They changed the process so that you have to provide a license number to prevent that. Who knows if it works.

01-Dec-23
I was told this before about activists drawing and dumping permits. Based on the harvest success rate I totally believe it. I got lucky and drew a permit the first time I applied 2 years ago. Got lucky again and called in a young cat in late January after multiple failed attempts. It was a lot of fun. I do know that if you draw a permit that you are ineligible to apply in the next year.

05-Dec-23
I doubt the biologist told the group that but there is certainly nothing keeping someone from applying and then not using their tag.

07-Dec-23

SouthernILbowhunter's embedded Photo
Got lucky and drew a permit, got lucky and was in the right place at the right time, perfect spot to have cover to draw as he walked down field edge and stopped in my shooting lane. 100% luck....he stopped 15 yards quartering in slightly. He ran 60 yards

07-Dec-23

07-Dec-23
Congrats! Well done.

07-Dec-23
That’s awesome! Were you deer hunting or going after him?

09-Dec-23
Was actually deer hunting.

17-Dec-23
That’s awesome!! That is quite an accomplishment! Are you going to have it mounted?

10-Jan-24
Yes, going to get mounted, just took to taxidermist last week. Will post pictures when I get him back

14-Jan-24
Always wondered how much an impact the entry/exit would have on the mount if I ever shoot one. Looks like you made a great shot for what looks like a mid-size or smaller cat. It's been a few years since I've drawn. Unfortunately, the years I didn't have a tag were the ones that I had up close and personal encounters where I could have shot one. They always seem to be non-existent when I have a tag. It's kind of like hunting out west, where the surest way to not see a bear is to put a tag in your pocket.

27-Jan-24
I haven’t got a tag yet.

• Sitka Gear