Live2Hunt 11-Dec-23
Groundhunter 11-Dec-23
RUGER1022 12-Dec-23
Groundhunter 12-Dec-23
Tomas 16-Dec-23
RUGER1022 16-Dec-23
Groundhunter 16-Dec-23
10-Dec-23
Anyone ever use the TC Triumph 50 cal? If so, do you think its worth getting one? I'm looking to get one and heard they are a popular weapon but I can't find one!

10-Dec-23
The Triumph is a discontinued model.

10-Dec-23
Ah ha... no wonder I can't find one! Dang.... Thank you for info

10-Dec-23
Pasquinell check out CVA

10-Dec-23
I have a CVA Optima V2. It was real cheap, a few hundred bucks. If you're looking for a budget modern, scoped in-line muzzleloader it definitely fits the bill.

Mine shoots 2" groups at 100 yards on the first powder/bullet combo I tried. Had it zeroed in real quickly. Quick and easy to clean.

10-Dec-23
Thank you guys. I'm back to the info gathering and appreciate the info given.

10-Dec-23
I have triumph I use as a back up. It’s a tack driver. If you find one used, with clean barrel, snag it up. You’ll be happy

11-Dec-23
I have a Triumph. Its a real nice gun. Especially like that you do not need a wrench to get the breach plug out.

11-Dec-23
I will keep my eyes open. Thank you all for info. I didn't know they got bought by Smith & Wesson

11-Dec-23
I picked up a TC Impact NIB, at gun show last spring. Can screw out breech plug. Fiber optic sites.. simple and reliable. 200.00...... I follow TC instructions, 250 TC Sabot round by Hornady, and 2 Triple 7 pellets. CVA also is very good, just follow their recommendations.

Now if you want to spend alot of time, get a flintlock, ha ha ha.....

11-Dec-23
Just saw a Triumph for sale on gunsamerica.com for $620. It was the camo version. I was doing some research on my Omega. My bad, everything they have is sold out.

11-Dec-23
I ended up with a CVA Optima on default. I could not see the sights on my Hawkins anymore and ended up basically pointing the barrel at the deer and shooting. After 3 misses, I gave in and got an inline with a scope. What I want to do is find out if a peep sight would work for me on my Hawkins, and if they work in low light. Killed a lot of animals with that Hawkins.

11-Dec-23
I have seen peep set ups on Hawkens. I also found at a gun show, a Traditions Thunder Magnum. NIB. Last made in 2003. It's a stainless, fiber optic sites, outside exposed hammer. Very unusual. No instruction manual for it, not even Trad, could help out. I never fired it. It was only 125.00.....

12-Dec-23
Pasq , relax , the good deals are coming . The Jan , Feb , Mar & April gunshows are full of sellers . Bought 5 BP guns last winter . I did sell one just before you contacted me . A CVA Wolf with 3 x 10 Nikon monarch & a possible bag with enough stuff to shoot about 75 times . Sold it for 350 .

A friend has an Omega with base & rings for 300 . The deals are coming . Just like every winter.

12-Dec-23
The Omega is in my opinion the best ML, TC ever made. You need a primer tool though, or the primer can drop down in the trigger area, and it's a pia, getting it out. I have one, with a Nikon ML scope. I highly recommend it. Be careful at gun shows. So many have not been well maintained. So bring a bore lite, remove breech plug, and look them over good. Like Glenn said, they are all over at spring shows, so you can be picky.

16-Dec-23
I have a barrel mounted peep on my Omega, it works just fine. It comes with a screw in aperture, but I leave it out. With the fiber optic front sight, I can quickly get a clear picture of what I'm aiming at. I also have a peep on a Lymans Great Plains that works nice. Check out Midway USA.

16-Dec-23
Found a like new Omega. 50 cal with base & rings for 200 if anyone is interested.

16-Dec-23
Glenn, post a picture. I know a guy looking for one.

• Sitka Gear