Rackem 21-Dec-23
Big Dog 22-Dec-23
Swamp_Donkey 22-Dec-23
Swamp_Donkey 22-Dec-23
Brian M. 22-Dec-23
Notme 22-Dec-23
Swamp_Donkey 23-Dec-23
19-Dec-23
For those here that know me, know I’m a die hard hunter. Getting out every chance I get. Each year I sit about 75 to 100 times. This year was a very tough one for me. With being shot at I’m just not comfortable in the woods anymore. Add that with never seeing deer and it’s taken its toll. This year I sat a total of 2 times. I hope my desire to get back out will come again. I miss the ol days of seeing deer and hunting hard.

19-Dec-23
Sorry to hear that. I hope you find a way to get comfortable again.

I don't mean to sound callous, but assuming you engaged legal counsel on this, make sure your attorney knows how the shooting has affected you. This stuff matters.

19-Dec-23
Shot at? Yikes. sorry to hear.

19-Dec-23
Hang in there shawn! You did pretty good with the fishing this year!

19-Dec-23
That guy should have got prosecuted for that.if the justice system helped you I'm sure you would have better piece of mind.not a normal issue to deal with.good luck

19-Dec-23
I hope you return to the woods and find peace and joy there. The deer are waiting.

19-Dec-23
Sorry to hear that Shawn, you are an ethical hunter, and a great person from what I can tell. That dbag should've gotten what he deserved, just plain ragged that he didn't. Hope you get back to what you love to do dude.

21-Dec-23
Shawn Try to get back in the saddle, if you can find other hunting locations. Easy for me to say but you seemed to enjoy this so much, it is a shame the actions of this nut have taken this pleasure from you.

21-Dec-23
That whole situation sucks, Shawn. Sorry for what you have been through. My thought is that the longer you wait to get back on the horse the more difficult it gets. Dont let some demented a hole steal your passion. Maybe get out for some scouting after the end of the season; Best time to discover new places. Keep your trips short. Bring a friend. I hope future seasons are more enjoyable for you.

21-Dec-23
If you think going with a partner would help I'd hunt with you any day. You let me know when you want. I'll bring the sheep herders stick and you'll see deer. We can have some fun with yotes too, I have a spot or 2 down your way so anytime. Have a great Christmas, Ern

21-Dec-23

Swamp_Donkey's embedded Photo
There’s a lot of deer around. Just not what I want. I’m chasing down some leads to kill a buzzer beater buck in CT. Waiting for him to show on camera, till then , I’m duck hunting most mornings. Can’t complain

21-Dec-23
Nice herd swamp donkey!

21-Dec-23
Sorry to hear that Shawn. Definitely sucks that someone is able to get away with that shit. If it helps, I have only been out three times and no luck. The last two not a deer to be seen. Hopefully you get that desire back. If I get a deer this weekend I will be happy to give you some venison.

22-Dec-23
Swamp puts in his time , finds the spots

22-Dec-23
I zipped my doe limit in CT tonight. One area needed some thinning. 2 shots, 2 does. Both didn’t go more than 50 yards. I’ll let them hang for a few days then turn them both into sausage!

22-Dec-23
I zipped my doe limit in CT tonight. One area needed some thinning. 2 shots, 2 does. Both didn’t go more than 50 yards. I’ll let them hang for a few days then turn them both into sausage!

22-Dec-23
Good job Swamp, finishing strong.

22-Dec-23
Congrats SD!!! Shiiit I haven't been out yet..kinda gave up on a b day buck..lol

23-Dec-23

• Sitka Gear