Shawn 24-Dec-23
nehunter 24-Dec-23
Tall 1 24-Dec-23
Blood 24-Dec-23
Swamp_Donkey 24-Dec-23
Notme 24-Dec-23
Big Dog 25-Dec-23
22-Dec-23
A couple of days ago, I did a search for a thread from just a few years back.

I read the replies from several different members that are no longer posting. I was surprised at the amount of guys that have just disappeared...

22-Dec-23
BBB

22-Dec-23
Grizzly Adam

Van

22-Dec-23
You would be surprised that a lot of CT guys post on other States and threads. But yes, a bunch have left, this isn't a fraction of what it used to be. I went a long time without posting as this CT page was all about Zone 11 & 12.

I hope Pat revives the website, hate to see it go by the wayside like a few other CT hunting websites.

22-Dec-23
There are only a few active members now. Everyone else went to Facebook. And the ones that are here are getting old AF. lol

22-Dec-23
Pat was going to do a revamp ! Nothing yet .

22-Dec-23
Those were the days

22-Dec-23
I used to post now I am a quiet onlooker. I think it was the bad luck using live hunts that crushed my soul.

23-Dec-23
Blood ,not old.......seasoned ,LOL

23-Dec-23
I sense a certain dynamic on this type of forum. If too many lurk rather than contribute ; then the forum becomes clipped and unattractive. Guys should stir their creative juices and post. One of my favorite outdoor writers wrote books of vignettes about topics as mundane as a pair of old hunting boots . But hunters could relate to these topics and that was key.

23-Dec-23
Actively lurking

23-Dec-23
Glad you're still around Adam.

23-Dec-23
I miss Cal45 and Oldfarmsbluesman.....I know, i know, wrong site, but I loved that forum.

23-Dec-23
Those guys aren't coming back, been dead for years. Andy too (owner). I was on there daily too.

23-Dec-23
Yup. RIP guys it was a good time.

24-Dec-23
I’ve only been a member for a few years. I had definitely learned a thing or two from some of the guys on here. So I’m glad for that. Merry Christmas all

24-Dec-23
I’ve only been a member for a few years. I had definitely learned a thing or two from some of the guys on here. So I’m glad for that. Merry Christmas all

24-Dec-23
The good ol days. 7 years ago this site was jammin…

24-Dec-23
Looks like Swamp Donkey learned how to post from Steve --- double post master lol

24-Dec-23
I put Andy (Raven) from the other site on his first turkey, a beautiful Longbeard. We also striper fished together a lot and I got him his PB 45 lber on my boat drifting live scup. I also knew cal45 very well from my fish and game club and we taught hunter safety classes together. I miss them both. Many guys from the UBC days too… Del, George, Kent, Jim, Bob, Rich, Gene etc….some are still active here which is very cool. Life never stays the same….

24-Dec-23
I miss - Hung Fo. Jimmy Two Tines. Bros Before Does. Pipes. Chasin Tail, Antler Fanatic. lol ;)

What about Huntin Hardcore, Swamp Yankee, SWK, BBB. RIP

24-Dec-23
Big dog put me into bow hunting. He doesn’t know it, but the man has kept me out of more trouble than he knows. Go party… or get to bed early and hit the woods. There’s no question I’ll be sitting in that tree 10 times out of 10. I’m thankful for you and your son every time I sit Big dog.

24-Dec-23
Way to many heartshot,ctcrow,paul,whatwhatintherut,.....SWK still kickin..

25-Dec-23
Swamp, thank you. When the student surpasses the teacher they both win .

• Sitka Gear