Mike in CT 25-Jan-24
Rackem 25-Jan-24
air leak 25-Jan-24
Notme 25-Jan-24
Dr. Williams 26-Jan-24
N8tureBoy 26-Jan-24
Wayniac 30-Jan-24
27-Dec-23
It’s that time of the year guys! Annual Bowsite dinner. This will be the 8th consecutive year! Was thinking like usual sometime in February. Location is in Middletown. Please comment below if your coming and I’ll get the list going.

27-Dec-23
Yup,

27-Dec-23
Sounds good to me.

27-Dec-23
hard to say coming if we dont know the date lol. I guess im a probably?

27-Dec-23
Not a confirmed date but I can pick one. Was thinking the second or third week in February

27-Dec-23
Valentine’s Day dinner date. Lol

27-Dec-23
I’ll be back in CT on the 23rd of February.

27-Dec-23
Pick a day and if I can make it I'll be there. It's a good time for those who haven't attended. Yes awkward at first, then you meet the guys and it's like seeing an old friend. I met nature boy for the first time and ended up having friends in common.Really good bunch of guys. Yes, not me is as entertaining in person. For those who like a good raffle.. it's top notch

28-Dec-23
February should work. Looking forward to jumping into the raffle for another hunt at Pat's place.

28-Dec-23
Fairly new to CT, but depending on the date/time might be able to attend

28-Dec-23
If the date is right I would like to go.

28-Dec-23
Interested.

28-Dec-23
We will do Saturday February 24th!!!

28-Dec-23
Please comment yes or no. I know sometimes it’s tough to know if you will have anything going on but I gotta give a number. So far Shawn, Ace, blood, wild bill, big ern.. Big ern are you bringing some of the guys? Uncle Donny?

28-Dec-23
I am Teaching a Bow Hunting certification class that day in Burlington, so I might be a bit late, bit I'm in!

28-Dec-23
I will try gain to make it. Hopefully my travel work schedule won't get in the way.

28-Dec-23
Uncle Don will come for sure so count us both in please

29-Dec-23
I will come

29-Dec-23
I will come

29-Dec-23
If the date works, sure.

29-Dec-23
Shawn, Ace, Blood, big ern, uncle Donny, hangnhunt, wild bill

30-Dec-23
I’ll go

31-Dec-23
I think you’ve almost attended every dinner bb. I think there was one year you missed. Always good to have you

31-Dec-23
Shawn, Ace, Blood, big ern, uncle Donny, hangnhunt, wild bill, bb. So far 8!!

31-Dec-23
Count me in Shawn

31-Dec-23
I'm completely booked in February. Hunting Ohio until 2.6 and then my son is coming down to hunt coyotes, before we leave for KS until the end of the month. Sorry I will miss the dinner, always a good time!

31-Dec-23
That’s ok Pat. Thanks for donating a hunt for two in the raffle at your place again! Good luck killing some coyotes.

01-Jan-24
Would everyone be ok doing a week later or a week earlier. I’m trying to get Dave and Steve to come but that week is a no go for them.

01-Jan-24
First weekend of March works better for me if you are moving the date. Thanks.

02-Jan-24
I'd be interested if I can make the date work

09-Jan-24
I will be there, teaching hunter safety with Chas so might be a little late.

09-Jan-24
First weekend in March would work better for me.

10-Jan-24
Mike you didn't sigh in! Rool call

23-Jan-24
Shawn, what’s the verdict? You going to do the annual dinner? Thanks.

24-Jan-24
Blood if the dinner falls thru we have a nice game dinner. Could have a bow site table.

25-Jan-24
Blood it seems like the dinner is off and Shawn will no longer be on this site or posting anymore as per his last post. He took his ball and went home. He blamed all of us for his predicament and not supporting him more, also said that there was a snitch among the ranks, which I truly do not believe. Any lawyer worth their grain of salt would have done as much research on shawn as possible to win the case, a quick search of his name, hunting, bow, deer etc as key search words would have revealed his posts on bowsite. Bowsite is a public site not a private memebers site. As for not being there to support him on the day in court many of us had work, kids, family, prior commitments etc. As for my father and I, we were dealing with some health issues for my dad and were at the hospital. Many of us tried to guide shawn as much as we could, through texts, PM’s etc. This is a very sad outcome, both for Shawn losing his case, and this gentleman getting off with a slap on the wrist and also losing a member of this group that we all liked. Hopefully Shawn will take some well needed time to cool down, and realize that we were actually all in his corner and supporting him and come back on and offer an apology and be welcomed back to the group.

25-Jan-24
Well said Dave

25-Jan-24
Well said. No one wanted to see the outcome that had been reached. I personally would have had an attorney from the start. I feel terrible for Shawn even though I only know him on this site. There are a good bunch of guys on here. I'm sure someone was trolling on here or on Facebook looking for information to use against him. Maybe he will come back in due time. It is a shame that the facts didn't come out in court.

25-Jan-24
Well said Silverado (Dave). I agree with you 100 percent.

I hope that Shawn cools off, apologizes for his rant, and comes back...

Having said that, I have been biting my lip...

Shawn wasn't on trial, but he was acting like he was. He also had a lawyer.. it was the DA.

If someone wanted to go and support Shawn, that's all well and good. But to get angry because there wasn't a room full of guys in court is uncalled for. And to make the accusation that someone on Bowsite contacted the accused lawyer, and the DA was paid off, is ridiculous

When this alleged incident happened, if he kept quiet, didn't post on here that very day, didn't post every few months giving updates, didn't post his hunting reports.. there would have been a different outcome.

And to give up the dinner.. "He took his ball and went home" as Dave said.. That's just childish on Shawn's part.

To find out exactly what happened that day, you would need the transcript of the trial.

25-Jan-24
Yup plenty of stuff on me on the web...the deep dark web...( maniacal laugh) Sometimes we for get that a bunch of friends on the internet are just a bunch of guys on the internet..

26-Jan-24
And guys tend to forget this is not a private message group and is open for public view, anti-hunters included...

26-Jan-24
Sad situation in so many ways. I think they hung him with his own words/posts on here as well as on facebook. I too, hope he comes back at some point

30-Jan-24
It was a BS outcome for sure - the guy who took a shot at him should have forfeited all weapons and should be in jail.

I feel for Shawn, but man - being upset that forum people were not at the trial... meh.

Hopefully he cools off an comes back, if not, I hope he gets over whatever bad mojo the incident put on him. I have no doubt that something like that can negatively affect your mindset for woods time - I know it would affect me

• Sitka Gear