casekiska 10-Jan-24
Pasquinell 10-Jan-24
Pete-pec 10-Jan-24
Drop Tine 11-Jan-24
wacem 11-Jan-24
10-Jan-24

casekiska's embedded Photo
Take a dive into the deep end of the pool, surround yourself in bowhunting paraphernalia! Plan a visit to the WI Bowhunting Museum in Clintonville. Bowhunting tackle almost a century old on display: longbows, recurves, compounds, arrows, broadheads, quivers and all things archery & bowhunting! Come for a visit. Open during normal business hours. Free admission. Call (715) 823-4670 for more information. (The above is a typical display at the museum. Come on! Come see them all!)

10-Jan-24

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Bill, that looks like your basement. Is this a piece you recently put together? Who does it commemorate? I have to tell the rest of the folks here, that Bill has a small museum of his own. Quite a nice visit when I was there.

10-Jan-24
A visit to the WI Bowhunting Museum is definitely on my list of places to visit this year now that I am retired

10-Jan-24

The pic above referenced by Pete was taken in my bsmt shortly after I completed the display for the museum but before I moved it to the museum (pic immediately above). It commemorates the archery and bowhunting contributions of Gordon and Mimi Bentley, former owners of the Archery Center of Madison and Bear Paw landing bear camp in Ontario. The Bentleys are both members of the WI Bowhunting Hall of Fame and the items in the display were their personal items. Plus, there is a brief biography of the couple.

There are a number of other WI bowhunters who also are members of the WI Bowhunting Hall of Fame and the museum presents a similar sort of display, when possible, for them. The attached photo shows a few of the displays.

(Pete - thanks for turning the photo. I need to learn how to do that!)

10-Jan-24
Me too Ridge

10-Jan-24
Bill, let's add that field trip to one of our get-togethers. We could do a lunch near there at a mom and pop's perhaps, head to the museum, and depart home from there?

11-Jan-24
I would be open for that Pete and Bill. I used to ride the Madison bus from the far east side with my bow in a case as a kid to the Archery Center of Madison to shoot league. Used to love those automatic return lanes. Mimi always took great care of me making sure I had what I needed. The Bentley’s were super people.

11-Jan-24
I and friends visited a few years ago, was a good experience. Good way to spend an afternoon.

• Sitka Gear