Live2Hunt 19-Jan-24
Hoot 20-Jan-24
18-Jan-24

Pasquinell's embedded Photo
Pasquinell's embedded Photo
Am I reading this correctly?

Supported by the Wi Bear hunters again?

18-Jan-24
I know that it was pushed in MI....The Govenor vetoed that Bill. The air rifle should never be allowed in our archery season. So many legislators are so out of touch. Yet we still sit here with no deer tags.

18-Jan-24
What a bunch of B.S!!!! Company lobbyists, money, greed is destroying everything. This needs to stop somewhere. What we grew up with and the passion is gone from this generation. I'm sure some will say because the shaft with a broadhead on the end resembles an arrow it is archery. Sound familiar?

18-Jan-24
Appears the Bear Hunters are a POS organization. They really pushed for the crossbow also.

18-Jan-24

sagittarius's Link
The air gun bill in the Assembly, AB633 and Senate SB586, are also supported by the Safari Club, with Dan Trawicki as their lobbyist.

https://lobbying.wi.gov/Who/PrincipalInformation/2023REG/Information/10425?tab=Profile

18-Jan-24
Keep fighting the fight, but it's just a matter of time. A new generation of hunters are amongst us.

18-Jan-24
I believe this would only be for rifle season. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, did you know there is a website called airgunnation? Who knew it was so popular. I guess calling it a "gun" is probably a good thing. The name alone should keep it out of archery season.

18-Jan-24
Wasn’t this on the table once before? And I’m not positive but can felons use an air rifle?

18-Jan-24
Lots of misery here.

18-Jan-24
MjF, I think it has to do with bore size of the weapon but I could be wrong. I would think this would mean they could not. I work in a prison, maybe I should ask around!

18-Jan-24
All of this pushed by the manufacturers lobbyists and aided by legislators looking for campaign donations. As in most all cases, follow the money.

18-Jan-24
Hunters are the ones putting up the money, they yearn for easy. I blame the buyers, that would be the hunters.

18-Jan-24
Same with the bolt machines, which so many on this forum now own.

18-Jan-24
Why don’t you just say crossbow, most everyone gets it.

18-Jan-24
Not really sure I guess.

18-Jan-24
Missery -Better yet, why not go away. This thread ignited your painfully ignorant chants and responses again.

18-Jan-24
Not really sure I guess.

18-Jan-24
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2023/related/proposals/sb586

"Under this bill, a person may hunt a wild animal with an airgun in a season open to hunting that animal with a firearm. “Airgun” is defined to mean a weapon originally manufactured to expel one or more metal projectiles by the expansion of compressed air."

Looks like it's for firearm season only. But if you give a mouse a cookie...

18-Jan-24
How about that.... there are alot on this site that are SCI supporters, and at the same time are WBH members, who will not call out the SCI..... SCI does not care about WBH issues, never had never will... depends on which camp your in, and who you hang with.... Leads to great camp fire discussions in Africa, among the few

18-Jan-24
I am in my own camp.

18-Jan-24
Your somewhere that’s for sure

19-Jan-24

sagittarius's embedded Photo
sagittarius's embedded Photo
Umarex Air Saber Arrow Gun

19-Jan-24
GH, you are partly correct. Many in SCI are not bowhunters and so care nothing for bow hunting related issues. However, among the five chapters of SCI in Wi, there was the bowhunters chapter. They cared deeply about bowhunting related issues. If you were a little more informed, you would know that specific chapter was formed by bowhunters with a very focused intent. This group of people chose to organize under the SCI moniker purely from a financial position. This was because SCI was/is a well known organization with good monetary support from its members and allows local chapters to retain (70%) of their funding to be used at the chapter’s discretion. The bowhunters chapter used these monies and focused on political issues (which covers almost all rule making. So, while you are partly correct, you are also partly wrong. Maybe a night around an African campfire would have enlightened you.

19-Jan-24
Mike, I see your point

19-Jan-24
I see no one registered or appeared against the bill??????

19-Jan-24
The big issue, scary thing is that the people in charge of these bills have no clue of hunting, archery, outdoors at all.

20-Jan-24
Live +1

• Sitka Gear