Jerry Gille 08-Feb-24
Chris S 08-Feb-24
il.BowHunter 09-Feb-24
Highlife 09-Feb-24
Highlife 09-Feb-24
Don K 10-Feb-24
il.BowHunter 10-Feb-24
26-Jan-24
Anybody know if there is an ACTIVE Illinois Bowhunters association out there? I see a Facebook site for Illinois Bowhunters Association. Doesn't seem too active however.

27-Jan-24
I believe it’s traditional only

29-Jan-24
ILbowhntr. I agree. Looking to see if there is a general Illinois Bowhunters organization out there.

29-Jan-24
UBI mostly trad . Used to be a state organization called IBS but I've not seen or heard of them in years.

30-Jan-24
Flyingarcher. Has any bowhunting clubs contacted you, since you are asking for info. on this site?

30-Jan-24
No. No clubs have reached out.

30-Jan-24
Flyingarcher. I sent you a private message.

31-Jan-24
United Bowhunters of Illinois has been around since 1995. We are traditional only. The Illinois Bowhunters Society was the "big tent" group. They unfortunately folded many years ago.

01-Feb-24
So Jerry, you’re really not the “United” Bowhunters of Illinois? Not trying to start anything, but this state could sure use a solid bowhunting organization that was inclusive.

01-Feb-24
The UBI was never intended to be all inclusive. You are more than welcome to start your own group and name it what you want and include whoever you want. I'm sure Illinois hunters would benefit from such representation.

04-Feb-24
Working on it.

04-Feb-24

06-Feb-24
Are all United Bowhunter clubs nation wide, governed under one common bylaw?

06-Feb-24
Funny that UBI is having a banquet in Springfield and all bowhunters are invited. We can’t belong in their club, but they want our money!

07-Feb-24
I was a member of the UBI for many years. Great organization, great people. You can belong to their organization, just buy a trad bow and join. I ended up going back to a compound so Im no longer a member. The banquets are always great and put on by some hardworking members. Not sure what your trying to gain by bashing them, as Jerry mentioned they have never intended to represent everyone. For someone "not trying to start anything" it sure doesnt look that way.

The state could use a organization for everyone but someone needs to step up and get one going. The IBS folded many years ago, there was some things done that should not have been, and If memory serves me the person that was running it is no longer alive

07-Feb-24
Not sure if it's the same guy I'm thinking of. But I did not see his name in the obits.

07-Feb-24
Don K. I'm a little confused. I noticed on some of the other state forums you can still use a compound bow, and be a member of the UB hunters in that state. Is that correct?

07-Feb-24
The UBI is not affiliated with any other state or national "club." We stand alone. There are no "common" by laws. Our by laws are our own. The organization was modeled somewhat after the Professional Bowhunters Society and the United Bowhunters of Missouri. We were not traditional only in the beginning. The members voted to change the by laws to traditional only back when Illinois had another statewide bowhunting group that was all inclusive. As has been mentioned, that group eventually failed. It would be great if you or somebody got a new inclusive group together to represent the masses. The UBI has never desired to be that group.

The guy from the IBS that Don referred to that passed away was Phil Rosencranz (sp?) I'm thinking. He was their head in the early days.

07-Feb-24
Might have been Phil Rosenthall instead of Rosenkranz. You have to cut me some slack here - it was 30 years ago and I don't even remember what I had for lunch earlier today.

08-Feb-24
By any chance did he shoot a long bow, or maybe even a self bow?

08-Feb-24
He cashed my check for a life membership and never heard from the IBS again except when I bring this subject up then they come out of the woodpile

08-Feb-24
Highlife, you where not the only one.

08-Feb-24
I don't remember what he shot. Kevin Chapman was the IBS president in the later years. He was a stand up, honest guy as far as I'm concerned.

08-Feb-24
Nice to see activity on the IL page again! Keep posting guys it’s been dormant here a long time. There were some great guys here for years.

09-Feb-24
Ok. Will do.

09-Feb-24
Jerry it wasn't Kevin I was referring to.

09-Feb-24

10-Feb-24
I also believe the UBI has the banquets open to everyone to allow one to go and see what they are all about. With the vendors, the seminars, the raffles, guest speakers, dinner, a person could end up getting into the trad world and joining them.

10-Feb-24
How many non-members attend the banquet each year? How many new members do they pick up at the banquet? How many total members in the club?

• Sitka Gear