Deebz 14-Feb-24
deerhunter72 16-Feb-24
il.BowHunter 16-Feb-24
ILbowhntr 16-Feb-24
il.BowHunter 16-Feb-24
awh302 16-Feb-24
deerhunter72 19-Feb-24
09-Feb-24
At what age did you start shooting your first bow? You can even include homemade bows from your childhood. For me I was 6, 1959. Got my first real toy red fiberglass bow, and 3 wood arrows for Christman 1962. I was hooked for life.

09-Feb-24
I might of been 7 8 years old still have my bear red fox going to pass it on to my grandson.

09-Feb-24
I wish I still had my Pearson recurve I bought at Sears back in the 1960's. It came with 3 arrow, 3 broadheads, 1 finger tab, rubber quiver that fit on the limbs. I paid $29.00 for it. Bought it on a Thursday night, took a doe with it on Saturday morning.

09-Feb-24
I got a cheap fiberglass bow at age 15 for Xmas. The next year I talked dad into a decent bow a 52 inch Bear bow for around 65 bucks all set up. I knew very little what I was doing back then. It took 6 years before getting my first deer. 57 years later and 6 old bows hanging in the shed I'm still putting my time. I'm just wondering how many hours I sat in the stand. Well worth it.

09-Feb-24
Sitting in the woods is always a good way to spend time.

12-Feb-24
I got started @ 14 in 1958. Used borrowed equipment till I came home from Viet Nam in 1966 and have been going every year since.

12-Feb-24
Hot Hap. Thank you for your service. It great that your still out hunting at 80 Y/O. My hunting buddy is 88 and he's looking forward for the 24 season.

14-Feb-24
I'm sure I had toy bows that were probably broken before I really got to play with them properly, but the first real bow I got was a PSE Spirit as a Christmas present when I was 12. Got to officially hunt in my own stand when I was 14, and didn't kill a deer until I was 24. I'll be 42 in a couple days, and I'm on my 3rd bow. I bought a Ben Pearson compound after college and shot it until a cable snapped and bent a cam. I'm now shooting a PSE Stinger. I do have a Mathews hanging in the garage that I bought second hand off a guy, but I have yet to set it up or shoot it.

16-Feb-24
Deebz, pretty sure my first bow was a Spirit model from PSE. I’ll have to look to be sure, I still have it. I was 13 when I bought it in ‘88. Saved money from cutting grass. Hunted with it for years. Took me 3 years and a lot of misses to get my first doe.

16-Feb-24
Great stories guys!!!

16-Feb-24
Got my first Bear Whitetail, the original, when I was 14. Started hunting at 16. Missed a couple seasons while in the Corps, didn’t know I could hunt on Pendleton. Missed one season when I had my hand reattached, but pretty much been hunting since I was 16. Can’t and won’t begin to count the number of bows I’ve had over the years. Pretty much settled on my current 2, Hoyt Axius Ultras.

16-Feb-24
ILbowhntr, Bear Whitetail hunter. I remember the first time I ever saw one. It was hanging on the wall at one of our local sporting goods store, in Hbg. Pa. I was maybe 14 -15. It looked like something that came from outer space. I had one as well back in the mid 70's.

16-Feb-24
I was about 20 and I started shooting my brother’s bow. I really enjoyed it and went out the next year hunting. I shot my first deer (3 pointer) my 2nd year into it on public land. This experience created a monster in which I ended up buying 70 acres. I’m 43 now and wouldn’t change a thing.

19-Feb-24
I was wrong about my first bow. It’s a PSE Precision Edge. Still has the Eliminator pendulum sight on it.

• Sitka Gear