spike78 11-Feb-24
Dthfrmabove1 11-Feb-24
spike78 11-Feb-24
Dthfrmabove1 11-Feb-24
Will 12-Feb-24
11-Feb-24

Dthfrmabove1's embedded Photo
Dthfrmabove1's embedded Photo
Here is a pic taken from the outer spatial app. This is an app used by anyone who wants to go outside and hike or hunt. It lists all sorts of hiking and hunting areas on the island. Notice where it is talking about dogs for hikers and hunters. I clearly see an advantage for the hunters over the hikers here. Unlike the state of Ma. Score one for the good guys !!! Hunting and fishing is pretty much a way of life out here and it is not frowned upon it is actually embraced and encouraged by a lot of people.

11-Feb-24
Before I read your words I read what you posted. My first reaction was ya so what. Sounds right. Common sense prevails. Then I read your words and ya I get it.

11-Feb-24
I believe it’s the same here on WMAs.

11-Feb-24
Dogs on Wildlife Management Areas must be leashed. Dogs may be off-leash only when hunting or hunt training with licensed hunters or involved with permitted field trials. Dog feces in WMA parking areas and within 100 feet of the parking area must be picked up by all dog handlers and disposed of off the WMA. Dog feces in other parts of the WMA must be picked up by non-licensed dog handlers and disposed of offsite; licensed hunters are exempt from this requirement.

Nice try though ;)

Now let’s talk about the recent 2A violation there ha

11-Feb-24
Spike. This includes all Outdoor areas. Not just WMA specific.

11-Feb-24
Yeah I’m just busting your chops

11-Feb-24
Oh. Hahahha. Didn’t know if I read it wrong or I didn’t convey the message. Kudos my good man. Tit for tat

12-Feb-24
I like that. There were too many close calls personally or for my kids when we "surprised" an off-leash dog that was ranging out away from its owner on state lands. Dog's who are actively hunting are different, they do not care about much but the sniff in their nose.

• Sitka Gear