Highlife 14-Feb-24
il.BowHunter 14-Feb-24
Highlife 14-Feb-24
il.BowHunter 14-Feb-24
Highlife 15-Feb-24
il.BowHunter 15-Feb-24
HeadHunter 09-Mar-24
12-Feb-24
Just read about Brent Manning's passing in Illinois Outdoor News. Nicely written by Ralph Loos.

12-Feb-24
He was a good Director. He was never too busy to stop and chat.

13-Feb-24
I do remember him from those IDOC days. I'm sure he will be missed with alot of bow hunters that knew of him back in the day.

13-Feb-24
I agree ran into him back in the day at the state fair. He saw my IBS hat asked if I was a bowhunter asked for my thoughts on public land hunting opportunities. Had no clue who I was talking to until much later lol seemed like he cared RIP

13-Feb-24
How many bow hunting originations did IL. have back in the IDOC days?

14-Feb-24
Highline. What was your view of bow hunting on public lands at that time. I would say bow hunting was good.

14-Feb-24
Very good for me :) I felt than as I do now more public land in the northern part of the state. Before the split there was just the IBS . But for some reason I seem to recall a trad org in southern Illinois but than again my years could be off.

14-Feb-24
I was member of the Illionis Archery Assocation back then. We supported the 2 E/S archery tags for bowhunters. That was back in maybe the early or mid. 1980's. Don't know for sure but Brent may of had a hand in that as well. That was about the time when the IDOC changed over and became the IDNR. If my memory is correct.

14-Feb-24
Our club was a member of the NFAA as well as the IAA. Remember I took a doe so the herd won't grow campaign?

14-Feb-24

14-Feb-24
I remember that campaign very well. We was affiliated with the NFAA as well. What club was you a member of. I was a member of the Decature Archery Club back then.

14-Feb-24
I'm Blackhawk field archers strong up in Rockton Illinois. Life member and serving as 2024 president. I've had one helluva ride in being an archer wouldn't trade it for the world. I've been blessed with knowing some of the best ambassadors of archery past and present. Someday we need to share a campfire.

14-Feb-24
Sounds good. I was president of our club back in the early 80's, and the club hosted 2 Pro-Am shoots back then. Spent 1000's of hours on the 28 field range in my younger days. I was thinking about getting back into field archery again, but I'm sure some of these younger kids would kick my backend all over the place in todays time. Back then I was in the BHFS class, and met a boatload of good people on and off the range. What kind of scores are these younger BHFS kids turning in on a 28 field these days?

15-Feb-24
No clue we're pretty much 3d now. Gave up maintenance on our 2 14 rounds and hunter round due to lack of participation. Club had a 4 star rating.

15-Feb-24
It takes alot of work maintaining a 28 field range. Years ago most all of us bow hunters shot field archery, so we had alot of help working the outdoor range. In todays time we don't see that any more. We kept our range looking like a well groomed golf course. Those days are long gone. I attended a few 3D shoots in the past several years. I noticed alot of changes in some of the bow hunters who attended those shoot.

09-Mar-24
Illinois 'screwed' all bow hunters back when ..... 1985 and non-res tags ,,,, and Illinois NOW sucks because of all "THEY" did Back In The Day! ...... but I'm OLD now and it doesn't matter .........

• Sitka Gear