Mathews Inc.
ONLY 5 MONTHES TO GO
Illinois
Contributors to this thread:
REDBEARD 24-Mar-24
LBshooter 21-Apr-24
24-Mar-24
At my age time seems to flys like hell. Easter is here and in august we'll be putting our stands up for 24. I went in and trimmed the trails out and blocked a few of the outer trails. The Russia olive grows like hell. We used to see 30-40 yds not now. This will be my 57 yr and I'm moving a lot slower now but still enjoyed every minute. In the 60's and 70's I was lucky to see any deer then the best yrs 90's and early 2000's hit. In my opinion it has been going down hill since 06 too many permits, CWD and extra doe tags. I know my cam pics are 40% down in the last 5 yrs ago. I will still be out there this fall. Well enjoy your summer.

21-Apr-24
Well my last few years have been tough as far as seeing and shooting deer. The dnr culled and it did alit if damage. However , the last two winters have been so mild that the deer are popping. Twins and this year I suspect more twins coming with the abundance of food. They didn’t shoot my are last year and the year before so much bets are up and I’m looking forward to the season. Stay positive it will change.

• Sitka Gear