Jimmyjumpup 13-Apr-24
Nyati 16-Apr-24
wvbowbender 17-Apr-24
wvbowbender 17-Apr-24
Nyati 18-Apr-24
Jimmyjumpup 18-Apr-24
Anglinscreek 29-Apr-24
04-Apr-24
Things have been a little slow on here lately. So what tags has everyone applied for and what have you drawn. After 12 yrs. I finally drew an Arizona Bull Elk tag. I'm headed to Florida in May for hogs and to Saskatchewan for bear in June. What are your plans for this year?

05-Apr-24
Turkey season in 2 weeks. Hammertine baby!!!

Been striper fishing the last three weekends. Caught a few. Caught about 50 pounds of channel cats rig fishing a couple poles in rod holders while cast fishing 5” inline spinners and 5” swimbaits.

Bought a river fishing boat for the local dam reservoir and river pool. I didn’t go all out. Just a solid boat for two fisherman. 40 horsepower tiller steer Evinrude. 65 tiller mount min kota. Fish finder etc…. Got a smoking deal on it but can’t justify a $20,000 boat I’ll fish 5 weekends a year. It’ll do fine. And I’m tickled.

Anyways, striper fishing trip in middle of May. 3 full days being guided by my brother. lol. No, he’s quite the striper fisherman. And owns that $50,000 rig. Great boat. Experienced guide. All I gotta do is throw a cast net for shad and catch fish. Pretty good deal.

June and July plan to kayak fish some new stretches in the new river gorge. I’m a good paddler but, it’s going to be a ride in a fishing kayak!!!!

August Shenandoah trip to front royal. A week of wade and kayak fishing for smallies, channel cat , and spotted bass. It’s a blast!!!!

About 8 days the in the end of September and first week of October fishing somewhere on the shores and sounds of the Carolina’s beach line. The surf fishing should be memorable. The inlets of the sounds should be incredible. The blues smashing a spoon should be epic off the surf!!!

The rest of October through the week before thanksgiving bowhunting whitetails. Good farm that I get to glass and hunt mobile. I’m so blessed to have gained it. Lots of fun.

2 weeks in November bow and rifle hunting. Base camping for two weeks. Hunting wilderness area for a week bowhunting. Then opening week of rifle. My kind of hunting out of a saddle. You can walk as far as you want. It’s tough hunting. But, I do well there. My most look forward to vacation of the year.

I decided to start saving for Alaska and just do my local Hunting. I live the fishing too. I’m a blessed man. I’m 5 years out from Alaska but, I’m thinking about staying for a month!!!! And taking a month to drive up and back. Take my wife with me. She’s jacked.

05-Apr-24
I hope to get some hunting in if it doesn't interfere with my ceramic classes.

06-Apr-24
Greg, congratulations What unit did u draw ?

I applied for AZ with 18 pts and didn’t draw but I applied for early rifle and muzzy. It would have been a random tag if I had drawn. I’m at 19 points now. It’s taking 21 to guarantee a unit 1 bow tag now. When I drew my first one it was 12 points to guarantee. Shows the effect of point creep

I’ve got elk pending in WY with max points for a late Yellowstone migration hunt. They only give out 2 NR tags so only have about 25% chance with max points.

Applied for CO and MT sheep. I applied for a late archery tag in CO for when they come off the mountains into the lower country during their rut.

Bought a KS deer point. Getting ready to apply for sheep, elk, and deer in NV. Going to apply for another deer point in Iowa Then apply for sheep and deer in AZ and buy a turkey point. Trying to draw a spring goulds tag

I’m just going to buy deer and antelope points in WY this year. It’ll take a few years for herds to recover in the areas I want to draw a tag

This will be year 30 trying to draw desert bighorn in AZ and NV

I’ll be gobbler hunting at farm and unless I get lucky in draws will be deer hunting at farm this fall. 7 of the 8 bucks I passed last fall made it thru end of December when I pulled cameras. 5 of them should be shooters this year

07-Apr-24
Greg , I drew 6a. I've been applying for unit 1 for several years. This year I decided to do something different, since I'm not getting any younger. I'll be hunting with Wards Outfitters. I've hunt deer with them before and they run a good outfit. I booked a 7 day hunt but have the option to hunt extra days if needed. I'll hunt the entire 2 week season if necessary.

07-Apr-24
Great ! I was wondering if u got lucky and drew a unit 1 tag in the random draw. Good luck on the hunt , I figure they’ll get u on some Good luck !

09-Apr-24
The dessert bighorn is tough for sure.

12-Apr-24
Will put in for another Iowa tag, but may end up going late muzzy season this year.

Put in for Kansas …

Couple Booners running here in wv I hope to get close to

12-Apr-24
I have a big groundhog coming out from under the barn. I will wait for the little ones to come out and try to tag out on them.

13-Apr-24
LOL. lost run. My kind of hunter.

16-Apr-24
No luck on CO Bighorn sheep archery tag. I’m shocked!!

17-Apr-24
I drew a New Mexico elk tag today.

17-Apr-24
I drew a New Mexico elk tag today.

18-Apr-24
Congratulations

18-Apr-24
I drew a Mineral County spike tag.

29-Apr-24
Just hoping to be laid off come fall.

• Sitka Gear