cptbs 16-May-24
soccern23ny 16-May-24
soccern23ny 16-May-24
TRnCO 16-May-24
soccern23ny 16-May-24
06-May-24

samman's embedded Photo
samman's embedded Photo
Is this just for education, or a window into Colorado's future?

06-May-24
Jigheads and sinkers are next.

06-May-24
In what states is lead ammo banned? Effective July 1, 2019, nonlead ammunition is required when taking any wildlife with a firearm anywhere in California. In October 2013, Assembly Bill 711 was signed into law requiring the use of nonlead ammunition when taking any wildlife with a firearm in California.

06-May-24
In recent years, Minnesota, New York, Maine, Washington, and Oregon have all either introduced legislation to prohibit the use of lead ammunition for hunting purposes or in certain areas, or have proposed an outright ban on the sale of lead ammunition and tackle.

06-May-24
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) recently entered into settlement negotiations with activist litigants over a lawsuit regarding the use of traditional ammunition and lead on more than 3 million acres of federal land. In September, 2022, FWS issued a final rule which opened new hunting and fishing opportunities, but it also phased out use of lead ammunition by 2026 on some lands.

Moving Forward In an effort to prevent the far-reaching implications lead ammunition and tackle bans would have on conservation funding, legislators should proceed with caution when considering an overarching ban on lead ammunition and tackle. Instead, legislators are encouraged to work with their respective state fish and wildlife agency to address any lead-related concerns through incentive-based programs that encourage the transition to non-lead products if valid scientific justification is found. Furthermore, any regulatory language should clearly specify that if it is scientifically determined that lead-based ammunition or fishing tackle is having a negative population level impact on a species, either locally or regionally, only reasonable regulations to that area, or for that specific species will be implemented.

07-May-24
"a window into Colorado's future"

Bingo...it is!!!

07-May-24
We are so trying to be California its getting disgusting

07-May-24
Then there's the price difference. For my .270, a box of 20 Federal Premium is around $60, while standard Federal Premium runs around $40. Then add on the 9% tax our fine Dems are trying to pass...

07-May-24
" transition to non-lead products if valid scientific justification is found."

I'm waiting to hear that it's: "for the condors".....

I've noticed in the last year or two that CDOW had added little blips in the regs about hunters possibly looking into switching to non-lead ammo for big game hunting. So, they have been beating around the bush about it and now starting to put it infront of the bush for all to see.

07-May-24
What the hell am I going to do with the lead ammo I have accumulated? Will the gang bangers be required to switch to non lead ammo too?

07-May-24
Well, all the things that should be fixed or improved with hunting and fishing in CO are done so...

07-May-24
"Will the gang bangers be required to switch to non lead ammo too?"

Only when they are required to buy a Habitat Stamp ;)

07-May-24
I'm guessing depleted uranium isn't an acceptable replacement?

07-May-24
Give the CPW some time, They will give NonRes gangbangers more preference

07-May-24
When commie Polis took office of Governor he stated publicly that he was going to manage Colorado's wildlife better than California. This commie Gov. has been delivering on his word little by little and with this being his last term this peace of SH--T is going to go all in for the next 3yrs till he's out of office. He's also been jacking the development sector of this state as well. Front Range LA!!

07-May-24
No lead in broadheads that I'm aware of. Sounds like an argument for longer archery seasons to increase bow kills and to limit rifle seasons/kills.

07-May-24
Won't matter. When was the last time you were checked for anything by a field officer while actually in the field hunting?

07-May-24
F’em! Catch me first and I’ll scratch them a check. Be cheaper in the long run, my loads are developed.

10-May-24
Let's get on board people, I'm working on Jolly Rancher load , it's non toxic and causes instant sugar shock on canis lupus.

11-May-24
Now the price of ammo just went up 6.5%, thanks to puke-faced Dems in our state.

11-May-24
Our californication is almost complete. Just need to get lion hunting banned, get rid of tabor, and consistent $6.00/gallon gas and we are there.

11-May-24
People who will never buy ammo or a gun get to vote to tax those that do. Democracy is looking more like the tyranny of the stupid. Orion, you left out the part about having your kids taken after they convince them they are the wrong gender.

11-May-24
I just bought 30 boxes of lead hunting ammo within the last year and that should last me a while. I don't care if they pass a law I'm still using up those 30 boxes

13-May-24
I've got a lifetime worth of lead bullets and shot for reloading, I'll be using it all up as well.

16-May-24
Other than price and the fact that "evil dems" came up with the idea.... why are you against lead free hunting?

16-May-24
isn't "price" enough of a reason?

And of course their stupid excuse that non-leaded saves birds. If they were worried about saving birds they wouldn't approve thousands of wind turbines.

16-May-24
I would use lead free if cost, accuracy and performance are equal. Bow hunting is lead free with draw units that are otc for rifle. It seems bullet type is a secondary issue. Lots of small game taken with 22s. Lead free 22lr is near impossible to find and quite expensive.

16-May-24
@trnco...

1... cpw, deals with hunting and wildlife,, not renewable energy. So a moot point to make

2... Death of birds from wind turbines is relatively low. To add on to the whataboutism. More birds die from collisions with power lines than they do from wind turbines lol.

Cats kill billions of birds a year, 10,000 times more than wind turbines

https://visualizingenergy.org/is-wind-energy-a-major-threat-to-birds/#:~:text=Cats%20cause%20about%201%20in,one%20in%20every%2014%2C000%20deaths.

Also, new research shows painting just one wind turbines blade with stripes reduces bird deaths by 70%.

But back to your question... " is price enough reason?"

Well, it depends on the price. Id gladly pay double the hunting ammo if it means a measurable decrease in the lead deaths/poisonings of wildlife and ultimately the food i eat

16-May-24
To add, my one caliber of rifle only has ammo in full copper.

Not sure if its just for performance reasons, the company has made a personal stance, or legally they had to.

5$ a round. Luckily, I rarely miss

16-May-24
what caliber is it that only has ammo that is lead free?

16-May-24
.300 Weatherby magnum.

Hard to find in general

• Sitka Gear