cnelk 31-May-24
cnelk 31-May-24
bad karma 01-Jun-24
cnelk 01-Jun-24
KHunter 02-Jun-24
cnelk 02-Jun-24
Treeline 02-Jun-24
28-May-24
17 year old daughter just drew her archery cow moose tag for GMU 18!!!

28-May-24
Awesome! Congrats, that will be a great memory.

29-May-24

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul was ======Successful Hunt Code after applying for 23 years. I have this bull tied to a tree. :) Product: M00 - Moose Application Hunt Code: MM171O1X; List: A Antlrd Season Choice 171

29-May-24
congrats Paul!!

29-May-24
That's awesome, Paul! Congratulations! I got tired of waiting on a bull so drew a cow tag this year.

29-May-24
Lou, where'd you draw? I just put in for another point, as I've already got an elk hunt for the last week of September. I know 16 pretty well if you're hunting there....but would not be surprised if you're thinking of shooting one in your backyard. km

29-May-24
Can't wait for the story Paul. Congrats on the tag.

29-May-24
Great news Paul. Glad to know someone with that many years of applying finally drew. I was about to give up after 20+ years and use the money on powerball.

29-May-24
Dale, I was thinking the same after 23 years. I never did buy an extra weighted point and told Tricia this was the last year I was going to apply as I was aging out of a moose hunt. Someone must have been listening. :)

29-May-24
That's awesome Paul! Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. Glad you FINALLY got your tag.

30-May-24
Thanks, Kevin. Hunting local, and I drew archery elk for the same unit in my stomping ground. Looking forward to a fun September!

30-May-24
Lou, I also drew my elk tag but will surrender that license and concentrate on the moose. So now I will have 3 pp for next year just in case OTC elk tag go away. Looking forward to visiting with you. Paul

30-May-24
Congrats, Lou and Paul! Anyone that has any info on Unit 17, I am all ears! Haven't been up there in a few years, but will be catching up on that this year. Thanks, in advance.

30-May-24
Unit 17 Moose - East Branch Willow Cr

30-May-24

Yooper89's embedded Photo
Yooper89's embedded Photo
Some nice bulls in 171. Good luck!

30-May-24
Congratulations Paul & Lou!! Looking forward to the out come!

30-May-24
Congrats to the tag holders, and Paul on his Big 9!

30-May-24
Does anyone have information on 161 moose?

31-May-24
Winded, CPW requires hunters tell them where the moose were taken. We made a map of the sites on 16 years ago. Plenty of data points.

31-May-24

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Not sure how much more info you need that isnt published by the CPW - here is 161 from 2023

31-May-24
are these CPW moose data points available and where? Paul

31-May-24
Ok, found out that exact gps points of where moose were killed are not available, but a list of moose bow, ML or rifle hunters is available and the drainage they killed their cow or bull and that include antler measurements. Same as cnelk posted above. For the unit I drew a bull tag, in 2023 there were 3 bow hunters and 2 ML hunters. Two of the bow hunters killed a bull and one bow hunter killed a cow. The remailing hunters were Oct. rifle hunters.

31-May-24
"Ok, found out that exact gps points of where moose were killed are not available.."

Yes they are. From 1999 to 2017 locations have been compiled in a pdf format. Just gotta know where to find them.

31-May-24
Ok, should have included from 2018 to 2014 not available. Brad, thanks for the clarification. So how does one , "just gotta know where to find them" ? per a pdf format.

31-May-24
I believe they have the old coordinate info at the Denver office

31-May-24
I’ve seen the old data. You’d be best to use your time practicing shooting your bow or exercising rather than deciphering 7 year old numbers - and that’s the newest stuff.

The info the CPW publishes now is plenty good to get started

31-May-24
I already put the new data from the past 5 years into a graph for my moose hunt.

I know where the trend is

31-May-24

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Here is an example of the 2017 data

01-Jun-24
They are not the "exact GPS points." You are asked to mark a map when you bring the head in, and folks do just that. It's not precise but it is better than nothing.

01-Jun-24
The old data has exact waypoints.

When I submitted my information for my bull moose in 2009 in was exact. And can be found in the data.

I was told the reason for the change from exact location to drainage was because there were some private property waypoints and that infringed upon the owners.

02-Jun-24
For the luddites and others not capable of converting a pile of locations found in the PDFS you can buy a map for hunt data.com that had the kills plotted through 2017 for each moose unit.

02-Jun-24
I have the data. It’s old. Way old. Back then there were only a few tags for each unit compared to now.

Some of the coordinates are in decimal degrees, some in degrees minutes seconds, some in Lat/Long. I’ve converted and logged them into maps.

Serious, it’s not a magic potion. Spend your time scouting, shooting or exercising.

02-Jun-24
Congratulations Paul and all the other successful moose tag winners!

Over 30 years of applying and still not a tag. Colorado moose are going to elude me till the wolves kill em all…

• Sitka Gear