Paul@thefort 13-Jun-24
GDx 13-Jun-24
MallardSX2 13-Jun-24
grasshopper 13-Jun-24
Paul@thefort 14-Jun-24
KHunter 14-Jun-24
grasshopper 14-Jun-24
12-Jun-24
The CPW Commission just vote to allow OTC archery elk for residents and to restrict non residents to Limited Draw archery elk license for the next 5 year BGSS. Thanks to all that testified and emailed there support. A BIG WIN FOR RESIDENT BOW HUNTERS.

The stand alone deer season from Aug. 15 to Sept 1 was voted down by the Commission.

12-Jun-24
Nice thanks Paul all your hard work and keeping us inform

12-Jun-24
All staff recommendations approved, but the 8/15 additional archery deer 2 week season did not.

12-Jun-24
So the archery deer and elk season dates will be the same as the last 5 years structure?

12-Jun-24
So the archery deer and elk season dates will be the same as the last 5 years structure?

12-Jun-24
Yup

12-Jun-24
so how do they decide the NR license draw allocation? pull a # out of their ass?

12-Jun-24
^^^ They will probably look at how many NonRes OTC archery elk licenses were sold the past couple years and start the 25% cap there.

12-Jun-24
As a NR Elk hunter from Kansas who has hunted Colorado for almost 30 years, this is a very good deal. My understanding is they will start with a 10% reduction and apply that to # of tags available. Now will a NR Archery tag won through the draw be unit specific or mutli unit. Future looks a little bit brighter for bow hunters.

12-Jun-24
Matte, rifle will still be OTC so there is zero impact (maybe even negative impact) to the herd population and structure. The only impact is that there might be fewer archery hunters in the field in 5 years.

12-Jun-24
So there's still a whole week between 1st and 2nd rifle is what I'm hearing?

13-Jun-24
Maybe watch the meeting... start at 2:37:45

13-Jun-24
Yes, one full week between, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd rifle seasons. 2 day break between 3rd and 4th.

1st rifle now starts on a Weds and runs through Sunday, (like the 4th season does)

13-Jun-24
Aspen hopefully the next 5 year plan they will continue to make NR draw for any season. I have only hunted 1st, 2nd and 3rd season a few times in 30 years as I was invited with friends. Not my thing to do. I have found a pretty good spot after all these years that is OTC and I rarely see anyone else and up until last years winter kill always I had plenty of Elk to hunt. Hopefully they will come back in 4-5 years until then I get to go back to old areas I hunted in the past.

13-Jun-24
Like Matte I am a Kansan that has hunted and fished your state for a lot of years. I am glad that residents are able to get OTC licenses in some units. It makes sense that nonresidents need to draw a license and may not always be able to do so.

13-Jun-24
Question? Does this only affect the current 2024 OTC archery units? Or does it go back to before they made the SW units draw for everyone? Does this make my local unit 77 OTC for me as a resident?

Thanks in advance

Awesome job to anyone who participated in this. Join the CBA

13-Jun-24
It affects the current 2024 OTC archery units. Those past OTC units in the SW will not go back from now limited to OTC. If gmu 77 is now OTC as of 2024, it will remain that way until the next change. According to the CPW they do not plan on changing any current OtC units to Limited draw in the near future.

13-Jun-24
anyone heard how the OTC units will be grouped? will there be 1 OTC tag for 40 units? or will you have to declare your unit? for example, if i draw an OTC tag would i be able to hunt all existing OTC units?

13-Jun-24
I found it especially touching seeing Danny Farris cry during his testimony on retaining resident otc archery for him and his family. How pathetic.

13-Jun-24
I liked it thought it was the best public comment made. Testimonial messages that include a personal story from the heart are game changers for the audience and the speaker. It obviously worked. The apostle Paul did this quite a bit while in Jail writing to the church communities. Ever read his testimonies?

Sounds like your story ain't that rosy on the abundant compassion and mercy side, you're probably in good company.

14-Jun-24
It is a fact that Georgia is not the number one peach state anymore! Is that true Mallard?

14-Jun-24
disagree on the crying testimony effectiveness. Sincere or not it was cringy.

Now that guy with baby mountain goats hopping around in a video loop background….that reeled them in.

14-Jun-24
The guy was describing a relationship with his Dad, mended, healed and reconciled by hunting heritage. Cringy? Guess your lacking in compassion, empathy, and mercy too.

My dad has been an alcoholic for as long as I can recall, we seem to do ok while hunting or fishing. I can't hang around him much otherwise because he is on the sauce fast. Unreadable charts and data get glossed over real fast if you watch body language, about 15 seconds. I think he had their attention for the whole 3 minutes plus overtime.

• Sitka Gear