Butcher 15-Mar-17
Nick Muche 15-Mar-17
HDE 15-Mar-17
kota-man 15-Mar-17
YZF-88 15-Mar-17
deerslayer 16-Mar-17
Bowfreak 16-Mar-17
15-Mar-17
2 Pin Fast Eddie. Love the two pin concept with the slider that will go out to 100 yards if you want it to. Simple, light and effective. Should work with any quiver... Great sight.

15-Mar-17
+1 for Kota's suggestion for a Spot Hogg to fit your bill. I'd look at an MBG Ascent Verdict as well if you want to check something out that is similar to SH in quality and function.

15-Mar-17
I have the hogg it on one of my bows and love it. I love the dove tail so I can slide it exactly where it needs to be with my peep. I also have the fast eddie XL two pin and love the sight picture I get when looking through my peep. My second pin is 15 yards from my 1st pin with out having to move it. Love both...

15-Mar-17
I like the 2 pin Tommy Hogg. It is more of a hybrid target/hunting sight and the FE is more of a hunting sight. The Tommy can be locked down and has clicks like a target sight. This is an advantage to me when printing sight tapes as you can enter precise data with the clicks and get a perfect tape. The only advantage the Fast Eddie (I guess it is lighter too) has over the Tommy is the double pointer. The double pointer is going to soon be available on the Tommy and will be able to be reto-fitted to an older Tommy.

15-Mar-17
Tommy Hogg! Have the three pin. Is heavy but built like a tank. I beat the crap out of it on my Wyoming elk hunt. My bow was coated in dust the gears still moved smoothly. Banged it all constantly and it stood up. Can't say enough about it

15-Mar-17

JRD33's Link
Currently using the hunter 7-pin (wrapped). With the extra fiber optic wrapped around the housing it's enough light on the pins to shoot until you can't see at all! Hunter is fairly low profile with no hand turn bolts to catch. It's all allen head adjustments that are bulletproof.

15-Mar-17
I bought the Tommy Hogg 3 pin recently. I haven't gotten to play with it much yet. I haven't gotten it all set up. I'm a little confused about picking the right sight tape, but I guess I'll figure it out eventually :)

I like it so far. Seems tough. Hope so. Here when the weather warms up I'll get to play with it a lot more.

15-Mar-17
Bake,

There is a video on the internet that shows you how to use the included site tapes. It is under spott hogg's youtube account.

15-Mar-17
Think I've had all of them at some point. I like the hog father with double pin the most although very heavy, can always use as hammer if in a pinch, fast Eddie xl is close second, double pin. As stated about 15 yd gap. Also like the 7 pin Hogg it. Now that I've gotten use to the single pin would be hard to go back. Not crazy about the locking device on the fexl.

15-Mar-17
Single pins sure are nice for being very accurate but they certainly have downsides, like having to move the dial in the moment of truth and you get busted or miss out on an opportunity that would have otherwise been very easy to capitalize on with a multi pin. Single pin costed me a beautiful grizzly last spring. He caught me moving my slider from 20 to 34 yards and ran off. There were a few other close calls throughout the year and they all could have easily ended badly.

Switched back to a 5 pin in late October and it felt great to stalk and shoot without having to move a slider.

I won't be going back to a single pin anytime soon.

I like the Tommy Hogg though, great site.

15-Mar-17
Agree with Nick and had a similar experience, just not with a grizzly.

15-Mar-17
Nick...You shoulda had the Two pin housing. 20 and 35...No sliding, dead bear. ;). This year there is a three pin housing coming as well. I really like multi pin sliders as you have best of all worlds. Slide if you have time or pull up and pick a pin.

15-Mar-17

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
I have and like the 7 pin fixed and like it for the reasons Nick has stated. I am going to try a the 2 pin Fast Eddie XL this year though. I used to use a single pin many years ago and just want to try it again. Haven't shot past 20 yards yet. It's a quality item. Sure is nice to have that 3rd axis adjustability.

16-Mar-17
Out here in the west I really like my 7 pin Hogg It, 6" dovetail. Makes it easy to range, put the pin on, and release as opposed to creating extra movement and spend precious seconds and having to slide my pin. I have killed a few animals including my best, that I am confident I would not have gotten if I were using a slider. Just my .02

16-Mar-17
My move to single pins was off necessity. Multiple pins started to jumble due to my eyesight. With the single I didn't have that problem. Most of my hunting is from treestands or blinds so it really isn't an issue but I added the double pin scope for that second reference like Kota alluded to. With that double pin scope I would have killed my first bull elk last year....But that another story.

• Sitka Gear