Bowboy 27-Jan-18
Zackman 27-Jan-18
bigeasygator 28-Jan-18
shiloh 28-Jan-18
expeditiontraders 29-Jan-18
Irishman 29-Jan-18
ahunter55 29-Jan-18
23-Jan-18
With all the talk about prices on hunts constantly going up and bowsiters getting old....

The guys that are actively pursuing the North American 29, how many species are you currently at? And do you have a plan in place to be able to hunt all 29 or are you adding each hunt for each new species as they come along?

If you don't have 29 as a goal, is there a certain number species that you have on your bucket list?

23-Jan-18
Ten here! I stopped pursuing this goal because I really like hunting a few animals like black bear and deer so much that I just don't care about it any more. Go hunt. Gary

23-Jan-18
I want to hunt as many species and landscapes as possible. But my goal was an unofficial "super ten", unguided. Unofficial because I won't pay to the name "owner" to register it.

And I say "was" because after twenty-some years of not being drawn for bison, I bought a muskox.

23-Jan-18
Growing up I was enamored with Chuck Adams and an archery Super Slam, and it was always in the back of my mind. About seven years ago, I realized I could start going on these trips that I dreamed about (to that point my big game hunting was limited to a few days of whitetail hunting a year). It started mostly with just expanding to hunting out west with species like elk and mule deer and since then it has expanded to more "exotic" hunts like moose, mountain goat, and caribou.

While the archery NA29 is still "there" in my mind, it has become less of a "priority" so to speak. Financially it is something I could do, but it's harder to break away for too many trips a year. When you're going on one or two trips for new species a year and your hunting is kind of limited to that, it's very difficult to make much progress towards crossing animals off the list. Archery hunting makes it more challenging - you need a lot to go right to be successful and just a little to go wrong to not be! I joked at Sheep Show that I'd be well on my way if there was a Participation Slam that tracked how many animals you've pursued but not brought home! haha

All that said, I've adjusted my goals somewhat. I'd like to do a Super 10 with my bow and a Super 10 with my rifle (for those that are unaware, that's any elk, any deer, any moose, any caribou, any bear, any sheep, mountain lion, pronghorn, mountain goat, and either a bison or a musk-ox). For the 10 species with multiple subspecies, I would try to target separate subspecies with a gun and bow (for example, a whitetail with a bow and a mule deer with a gun). Given the limited vacation time I have to hunt, I think this will up the success rate and I can focus bowhunting on species that lend themselves more to it and are easier since I'm typically only bowhunting for a week or two at most a year (for example, mountain lion, musk-ox, pronghorn, etc are all animals that I would put in the easier to kill with a bow camp). It will also take some of the pressure off of the more expensive/harder to kill animals from an archery perspective (sheep, moose, etc).

I'm 38 and if I devote myself to hunting like this over the next 20 years or so until I retire, I think that I could be in a pretty good position to finish up a NA29 one day if I choose to do so, and maybe even cycle back through and try and finish off an archery NA29. Even doing a Super 10 with a bow will have you hunting a set of animals that most people only dream of.

And for the record, I'm sitting at 3/10 (elk, deer, caribou) with a rifle and 3/10 with a bow (deer, caribou, bear). I know there are people that are MUCH further along than me, so take my opinion for what it's worth. But as someone who used to dream about it a little more than I do now, I figured I'd provide a little perspective.

23-Jan-18
25 NA species with the bow for me. 19 without guides (but many with friends that have helped a whole bunch!).

The plan is always evolving. May or may not get all 29 but sure enjoyed the journey over the past 46 seasons.

Good luck to all, whatever you set for goals......already exceeded mine due to living in some great spots for hunting a variety of big game.....CO and BC.

23-Jan-18
27 for me. 11 with bow, 14 with rifle and 2 w/muzzleloader. Stone Sheep and Sitka Blacktail remain and yes, I'm hunting them both this year. To the guys that accomplish this feat/goal with 100% archery equipment, my hat is off to you. The NA29 with a bow is an amazing achievement.

23-Jan-18
I want a sheep and a moose. Another caribou too, maybe woodland this time. At least a try for them. Of course elk again, goat maybe, speed goat, maybe.

23-Jan-18
9 species for me and, would love to draw a Desert sheep and moose tag here in Colorado and maybe a Black Tail deer in Oregon. all 29, not in my "wallet".

23-Jan-18
Luckily for me I am in a position where I will be able to hunt the majority of the NA29, should I choose to. At this point in time I would like to chase as many of them as possible, I am 36 years old and am self employed so I could afford most of the hunts that are needed. Priorities can change and with a 3 year old son and running my own business, who knows what will happen down the road. Hunting and fishing to me is who I am so I will always want to be out there going after something and I love to go and see new things so going after different species interests me. I am also very goal orientated and love to plan so we will see where I end up.

23-Jan-18
For as long as I can remember the only hunting goal I've had was to kill all four North American sheep. In the 90's I was loving elk hunting but gave it up so I could afford my sheep hunts. I just have a desert sheep left .... and 16points for them in Nevada, California, and Utah. I guesss it won't hurt my feelings if I have to substitute a billy goat for that last sheep. I always loved high places and the animals that put me there.

23-Jan-18
26 with Canada moose, shiras moose, and brown bear left. Have 2 of em booked. One paid for the other I will struggle to pay off. ughhh

23-Jan-18
Tom Hoffman was the first to get all NA species with bow and have them ALL officially entered into the P&Y Club. That is an incredible feat.

23-Jan-18
The NA 29 would be great, but I will not spend the kind of money needed to pursue it. I enjoy hunting too much to limit myself to potentially only 1 hunt per year to save up enough for some of the pricier hunts. I started buying points 3 years ago, so many of the draw tags will never be achievable for me. I’m 38. I have 4 animals of the 29, and hope to add another next year. Currently I have the goal of taking all 5 deer species with a bow, and have 2, so finishing that is number 1 for me. The rest will be whatever tags I can draw, or whatever cool hunt I can afford. To those who have done th NA 29 with archery, my respect is great. To those who all animals qualified for P&Y, an amazing feat.

23-Jan-18
I have 21 with a Recurve and have hunted 24 of them (should have 23 of them). Will not get them all but would love to, just not willing to spend the money that some of them require. Will most likely end up getting 4 or 5 more before I am done, have the super 10 twice but as Ambush stated I will not pay to register it.

23-Jan-18
I'm at 13 for archery. I could see going on a Fannin Sheep hunt if I were to draw a Desert Sheep tag to finish the sheep. I don't ever see doing all the elk, or caribou, or the 4 bears even if I could financially afford the hunts. My dad is short a Moose to also complete the Super Ten- he's been on 5 Moose hunts and not harvested a moose yet- I'd love to go on a moose hunt in New Foundland or eastern Canada with him together to see him complete that, as well to take one of those moose- I'll never take all the Caribou, Elk, or Bears. But if I ever take a Muskox, 2 more species of Deer I will have all the categories except these.

23-Jan-18
24 and counting, have a plan for the final 5. Two years out if it all goes well, but man I thought I should have started earlier, fire kicking at the Sheep Show makes me glad there is light at the end of the tunnel!

23-Jan-18
I have a species goal, some attainable, some not. But I do not aspire to the NA 29.

My goals are a combination of places to hunt and "impressiveness" of species. I will hunt animals that are not on my "list", because I want pretty much everything :). But I do have a loose list in mind that runs the gamut between North America, Africa, Asia, Europe and Australia. And isn't necessarily a bow-only list either.

23-Jan-18

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
MathewsMan's embedded Photo

23-Jan-18
I have shot a lot of critters with a lot of different weapons. I have some antlers I have never been within 10 feet of a tape measure. Prefer a screwy set of horns that is average width or length than a typical set above average. I never liked the idea of having to focus on only the round pegs someone else selected or just the ones they selected. I like to turkey hunt so why is that not on a comprehensive list? Gobblers are fun to hunt in the spring. Waterfowl? Small game? Hooves seems an odd limiting parameter to arrange your hunting goals for the next 10 - 50 years. Just my opinion. Bad boy, rebel, oh well. I do note when is the first hunt and then first harvest of a species and keep a planning recap of each hunt as well as a day by day recap during the hunt and "lessons learned" which are interesting to go read years later. The things I want to tell my 20 year old me.

23-Jan-18
I have 10, all with bow. 2 elk, 3 deer, 2 moose, pronghorn, bison, Desert sheep. The sheep, bison, and shiras moose were ewe/cow. The odds of drawing a ram/bull tag is very low, and especially for the sheep, not paying $50,000+ to go to Mexico.

Hope to have a Tule management bull this year, and the other 2 deer (Coues and Columbian) this year or next. I'm 33 and have tried to do a specie or two a season since 2009. Having 4 year old twins makes that challenging to keep up with too.

Hope to do all 29, but may need some luck in some of the conservation raffles to have a chance at all of them.

Currently going to try to get all animals in lower 48 after I get the elk and deer..... more than likely Rocky Bighorn sheep will be a ewe as well, but plan to hunt during the rut to see some good rams. Also Mt goat might be nanny, just depends on how the draws go.....

23-Jan-18
I've never had much interest in getting all of the NA species nor in getting all of some other group of species, some of which are concocted simply so a particular organization can give out awards for them.

I have fourteen different species, I think, but the only specific category I've ever cared at all about was sheep. I completed my 'FNAWS' in 2015 when I took a California BHS in BC, (which is genetically a Rocky), then added a WY Rocky in 2016.

23-Jan-18
I had grand plans but after coming home empty handed from a recurve bighorn sheep hunt 10 years ago I realized I have NO chance of realizing the NA29 without hitting the lottery. I’ve seen 24 of the 29 in the wild, I’ve hunted 17, I have taken 9.

I’ll be pretty happy getting one from each “group”. One moose (Yukon) is plenty for me. Same with the caribou (Alaska BG). Hunted mountain lions a LOT with no success. Really want a lion, goat, and a bison and I will be happy. Been a lot of places and seen a lot of things and for that I am truly grateful.

23-Jan-18
Rather than just taking a species, I've set a goal of having a mount of a decent one, which creates the issue of going again for something rather than going for something new. Does not help to have 1 kid done and paid for college, and one starting next fall, the other the fall after that. Puts the brakes on spending in a hurry.

23-Jan-18
Likely due to my age and the progression most of us go through as we age, the thing I value most in hunts now are the experiences I have and the people I meet on my hunts.

Yes, I want to fill my tag, but it's no big deal if I don't as long as I have a great and memorable experience on the hunt.

23-Jan-18
Nav, the problem I have with that is my memory is failing so I need the animal to remind me of the memory!

23-Jan-18
17 for me with a mix of bow and rifle, including the species to qualify for the "Super 10" but don't have it registered. I don't have a desire to get all 29 but there are a few that I still would like to hunt and should be able to. Sheep are my absolute dream animals to hunt but due to the pricing I'm starting to think that I may never get a chance to hunt them again and it really bums me out!

23-Jan-18
I have a client that has 15. All archery and all Pope and Young. He’s going for Brown Bear this Spring. Polar bear in 19.

23-Jan-18
13 for me but will never achieve the 29. I could never financially justify it. I'd rather hunt elk in different states/habitat, spend time with family and friends and work on any critters legal without a guide requirement.

23-Jan-18
I currently have 12 species all with a bow. Only missing a buffalo and caribou for the Super Ten.

23-Jan-18
I wonder how many that are pursuing the NA 29 do not have a QL caribou? If they never open the hunting back up for QL bou, what will the Superslam do for these guys?

Like Shrewski, unless I win the lottery, or draw the tag, there are several species that I won’t be going after. There are quite a few that I will be pursuing in the next several years. I’d like to finish my “moose slam”. Just need the Shiras. If I don’t do a Mt. goat hunt in the next few years, I’m afraid I might not, physically be able to do one.

23-Jan-18
I've got 18 with a bow and one with a compound. A mule deer, should be easy to rekill with a bow. Never really had the 29 in mind.

Bowmania

23-Jan-18
29/29. I haven't entered them into P&Y, but I have had them measured and 27 of my 29 make the "book". If I ever got the last two, I'd probably put them in because I am somewhat of a prankster.....and I think it would be hilarious to walk into P&Y to register my animals, and when they ask which species I would like to register, it would be funny to say "All of them".

23-Jan-18
I have 14 with my recurve all unguided. I'd like to try to get as many as I can unguided but there's only maybe 5 left I can do that. I can't even begin thinking about spending the money on a polar bear with balmy sub zero temps and not being able to have the hide.

23-Jan-18
Mathewsman; I too have the idea of wanting a mount of each species harvested being a decent representative of the animal. Currently 2 of my 4 species are great representations, and the other 2 will require going back. It sure does crimp the funds for the next adventure, but are hunts that I had so much fun on I can’t wait to do again.

23-Jan-18
I will be able to do it, but only because Bigpizzaman agreed to adopt me at Sheep Show. I can’t wait to do the super slam with “Dad”!!

23-Jan-18
Zackman, First, you need to get in sheep shape......NOT Sheep Show Shape!! (Funniest quote of the entire sheep show, IMHO)!!

23-Jan-18
Welcome to the family, Zack! Haha

23-Jan-18
I'm one short of the "Super 11"...;)

I'm 40 and would like to hunt sheep one day but it's not a priority. I plan on using my points on elk in 5 states over next decade, take my boys to Canada fishing and see where life goes. My perspective changed since having my kids so we will see. I will say I've seen the parts of NA I've always dreamed of so I think that's why sheep aren't tugging at my heart strings. Love seeing guys chasing their dreams:)

23-Jan-18
I've taken 17, with a combination of rifle and bow. I've never seriously considered trying to get all 29. Who cares about all 5 caribou? And I can't justify the expense for all the sheep. I have a half slam, may get lucky and shoot another couple, but it will take luck. As many have said, I'd much rather put my time and energy into the hunts I love, rather than focus on the list. I foresee probably taking 20-24 of the species if I can live long enough, but I just don't care enough about a few on the list to spend my time hunting them. Bill

24-Jan-18
I am just going to keep on having fun, hunting as much as I can, spending time with other like minded outdoorsman.

24-Jan-18
High teens but a change in marital status put a slight damper on the last 4 years. Full steam ahead starting 2019.

24-Jan-18
Damn how my “Family” has grown!!!

24-Jan-18
I'm steady gaining siblings! I'll be lagging a little behind my brothers on the slam quest though.. :)

24-Jan-18
Everything I can do DIY. Currently I have hunted 18 and taken most of them.

24-Jan-18
Someone mentioned Quebec Labrador Caribou being closed down and what that is going to do to those chasing the slam. As I stated in my earlier post, I hope to chase as many of the species as I can, but over the last 6 months or so as I am thinking about what species I want to chase over the next couple years. With the Quebec caribou closed, the BC grizzly bears closed, the Woodland Caribou limited causing prices to sky rocket, I have been thinking I need to go after some of the species that have potential to be closed down sooner rather than later. I can only hope that the Quebec caribou gets opened up in the near future and if it does, I will be one of the first people booking a hunt there.

24-Jan-18
After the fiasco in Quebec a few years back, I'd never patronize the providence.

24-Jan-18
I am at 14 with the bow. Not keeping a list or anything just going for what I want when I want. In fact my wants been pretty fluid.

24-Jan-18
I’m hearing of a deal in the making to reopen Quebec Lab Bou, not many details out yet but?

24-Jan-18
I never gave it much thought outside of what I could afford to hunt. If the opportunity arises and I can afford it, I will hunt it if the desire is there. Some things I just don't have a desire to hunt. White Tails are my passion but I've shot too many other critters to name here as well.

24-Jan-18
I have taken 10 species with bow with 7 species listed with P&Y, I am pretty selective and only try for mature animals that are a good representation of the species, I have passed on many more species trying to find that mature male that I want. I obviously am not interested in number of species, I also realize I am not in a financial situation to hunt them all and now at 71 with some health issues my mountain hunting days are pretty much over, The only bucket list item would be to get a good Sitka Blacktail and finish my deer slam, I have the other 4 with 3 of them in the book and would love to hunt a Sitka but dont believe I could hunt Kodiak, My Coues had some broken tines I did not see and did not qualify so I would repeat that hunt but they can be hunted with tree stands and ground blinds so no problem there, If I could just figure out how to hunt a Sitka Blacktail, Whether you are trying to complete a list of species or a list of really nice examples of a category, or doing everything DIY or only hunting for food and only taking young animals to eat, its all good if it excites you and makes you happy, Best of luck to you all Ron

24-Jan-18
Ron go late, you can kill a Sitka on the beach with your bow in December.

24-Jan-18
Thanks MathewsMan, It looks like that could work, and eat some great seafood as well. Doing my due diligence and hopefully find something for 2018, if not 2019 for sure, Ron

24-Jan-18
Ron, those boat hunts are awesome. Go late, shoot a few special duck too and eat like a KING!

24-Jan-18
I’m stopping at 10 different species. I’m not after the Super 10 due to the price of sheep hunts. I’m at 6 species, only 4 to go. I gave up chasing trophy white tails to achieve my goal of 10 different species.

25-Jan-18
10 ............. I have hunted 11 of them

realistically I could easily get to a few more on the list (I only have one kind of deer, one kind of moose so adding 4-5 more species would be no problem but also not really that interesting), but most of the balance I will never chase. the cost of some of them is not worth it to me as I would rather take multiple trips for repeats with my son than so super expensive solo hunts for new species.

QUESTION:

It would be good if they would come up with the Fantastic Four or the Sensational Six to make it more realistic for more people don't you agree?

We went from requiring 29 to be recognized and registered to 10 species, which was a great move, but some of those 10 will preclude more participation and acknowledgment.

25-Jan-18
Ron: Good luck on getting the 5 deer slam. Currently there are only around 20 guys that have got all 5 species and had them qualify and entered into the P&Y Record book. C

25-Jan-18
Sixteen and not in a big hurry , just take it as it comes.

25-Jan-18

bigeasygator's Link
Bou,

Just a comment on your last point about going from 29 to 10 species. Remember, this is strictly as an award from GSC/O. If someone is focused on getting recognized, SCI has a much more comprehensive and diverse awards program that allows for milestone awards on a much more frequent basis (see attached link) - for example, you can receive a Copper Award after killing 5 species with your bow here in NA (pronghorn, whitetail, caribou, mule/blacktail deer, and bear).

The various milestones (Super 10, Super 25, Super Slam, Grand Slam in GSC/O and all the SCI awards) are great in that they help establish some goals and get people thinking about broadening and expanding their hunting in a way they might not have visualized as easily on their own.

That said, at the end of the day, I don't know that there are a lot of people that do these types of things purely for the recognition. I think most of us would agree, the true reward from these hunts is not the award that an organization hands out but the experiences we gain along the way.

25-Jan-18
No lists or numbers for me when it comes to hunting...

25-Jan-18
Im almost identical with bigeasygator. Ive hunted 10 species and have 6 total and 4 with a bow. I would like to have the 10 categories rifle and bow. We'll see what happens. For me its about having a variety of experiences and pushing the envelope. Its a lot easier to do more when the goal is set high. I also have hunted a lot internationally in order to get more "bang/arrows" for my buck. To each their own. The 29 or S10 are fun goals and give you great experience whether you register them or not.

25-Jan-18
My wallet is into subspecies

25-Jan-18
Hunted 14, killed 13 with my bow all but one is P&Y (Mt Lion), all DIY, hunting my 15th in two months (Muskox), 3 deer slams one of which is all P&Y (darn Whitetails). Ak/Yk moose is my nemesis, 0-3 with my 4th one planned. My style is about the adventure and friendships. 29 is out of reach unless something ($$) changes. I'll hunt sheep and goat one day. My kids are my priority now that they are at a hunting age. Their first hunt starts tomorrow for javalina. I dream about bow hunting everyday... Ed F

25-Jan-18
I am in the double-digits now with several more on the horizon. I can’t say that 29 is really a goal because I don’t have any interest in polar bear. Not to take away from guys that want/have it, I just don’t feel motivated for it. I love seeing new places and new critters. I may get close, I may not. I don’t believe some things are worth the current cost, so I won’t partake at this point.

My biggest problem is—like Ed— I love hunting deer too much so I won’t sacrifice deer hunts to exclusively chase animals that are foreign to me. I would much rather pursue archery deer slams than super slams at this point.

Unless BPM or Kotaman do adopt me...

25-Jan-18
10 for me , all with a bow, hunted brown bear several times but lady has not sung yet. took the last two years off except for local hunting to get retirement set , now i will begin hunting the animals i don"t have again starting this year. i am 50 years young and excited about the adventures to come. Tom

25-Jan-18
I still need another one to get my own improvised super 7 ;) Apparently they don't count coyotes or jackrabbits.

I was talking with my wife last night about how hunt costs are going up because of that $18,000 caribou thread and when I told her they used to be $4,000 unfortunately that was the number I led with, and at $4,000 and she totally flipped out like people spend $4,000 on a HUNT???? It was at this point I knew I am doomed for the NA29 lol. I'm just like babe, babe, just let me do a desert sheep while I'm still young...

25-Jan-18
As for the small "s" super ten, I count deer as only one species. Doesn't help that I have four different deer. Same with bears, doesn't matter that I have blacks and grizzlies. With a bow, I still need elk, cougar and caribou. Caribou are my jinx species, I guess. Hope to start on elk this fall and cougar whenever the importunity arises. Should try for a coues to so I can say I have a deer slam.

25-Jan-18
I have 13 not much chance of taking any more I have never been on a guided hunt except Africa that was a one time deal

25-Jan-18
Ambush, Coues deer get in your blood! Better start next year and be an addict.

Also wanted to thank Deerhaven for a whole lot of good information. Mike, much appreciated.

Kurt

25-Jan-18
I can't say that I have the NA29 as a top goal, but I can say that I do have a desire to hunt in as many different areas and for as many species as I can. This time every year, I think about what critter intrigues me the most and then I find a way to hunt that animal. I'm at 8 now with several more on the current agenda, so we will see what the next 10 years bring.

I grew up a die hard whitetail guy, but hunting the other critters has taken over my passion. I don't really have the desire to hunt whitetails anymore, but I still chase them at home because I enjoy hunting.

25-Jan-18
You are very welcome Kurt! That's what we bowhunters are supposed to do right? Besides you shared some pretty valuable information with me in CO 20 some years ago remember. I am always more than happy to help out any brother bowhunter when I can and that goes for anyone on this site.

Mike

25-Jan-18
I am very envious of you BC guys, the ban on grizzlies, notwithstanding! You guys have tremendous opportunities in your province.

26-Jan-18
Kurt, that Coues hunting doesn't seem all that difficult.

I mean, all you got to do is find a good area then hunt and scout it for several years. Then re-walk it every season, hang stands miles from roads, get up way before daylight to get in and sit for days and days and days. Then if one ever does show up, all you got to do is get an arrow into something like a little lightning bolt that is triggered about half a second before your release is.

How hard can that be??

26-Jan-18
I've continued to focus on the coveted "avian slam." I'm at 6 of the 1,112 species so have my work cut out for me.

Mark

26-Jan-18
Mark, are you counting the lesser, three toed, crested, warbling, yellow-eyed, slate sided, SPLIT tailed Wonkle bird and the common, three toed, crested, warbling, yellow-eyed, slate sided, NOTCH tailed Wonkle bird as one species?? If so, I think you are cheating!

26-Jan-18
Mark- what a lofted, worthy goal. I'm pulling for you man.

26-Jan-18
Ambush,

No, no, not at all!

Thanks Buff!

Turkey, crow, ruffed grouse, blue grouse, spruce grouse and pheasant.

I'm just forming the ASC (Avian Slam Club) if anyone is interested in pursuing this hellacious challenge...PM for details!

Mark

26-Jan-18
Ever look at the odds for getting a prothonotary warbler permit?

26-Jan-18
Are the Sorethroated Swallower and the Doublebreasted Thruster included on that list?

If so, I’m in!

26-Jan-18
were those bowkills Mark?

26-Jan-18
My ultimate goal is the super 10 with my bow. I'm 7 of 10 now with musk ox booked for august, most likely moose in 19 and hopefully Dall in 2021 to complete it if im successful on those hunts. After that I would like to go after the deer slam which I need 2 left for that. I'm 36 now so who knows where life takes me after that. Hopefully I can just slowly chip away at different species in the future while hunting with good buddies. Goals are good , everyone should have them !

26-Jan-18
With my old now deceased Vizsla Kiki: Pheasant, Hungarian Partridge, Bobwhite quail, Mearns quail, Gambel’s quail, Mt quail, Valley quail, sharp-tailed grouse, Columbian sharp-tailed grouse, Dusky Grouse (blues), Spruce Grouse, Sage Grouse, Greater Prairie chicken, Willow Ptarmigan, Chukar partridge, Morning dove and Woodcock. 17 species in 13 years..... we never hunted waterfowl. All shotgunned and most tasted wonderful!

26-Jan-18
Definitely a lot of variety here.

For NA species on the list above - 13 with at least one from each category to make the "10" with my longbow. Additional non-native big game species with my longbow in NA - 6. Native SA species 4, non-native - 1 (red stag) with the longbow.

I love hunting. Whatever I can, whenever I can. Not worried about having any award by GSCO or anyone else. Have scored a few animals for P&Y, but have a bunch that would probably make it if I ever scored them.

Hopefully, I will have the opportunity for many more species and experiences in many more locations before I can't do it any more!

27-Jan-18
Cajunarcher.....we are the same age and from the same state. We should get together. I can’t find anybody my age interested in anything other than deer and the occasional group elk hunt out west!! I have moose on my mind. Don’t care where or how big, just wanna shoot one and be able to get the meat back home.

27-Jan-18
shiloh, There’s a group of Cajuns doing more then deer, I’m the “Old Fart” but get with Lee or myself, we do get together occasionally and cut up!!!

27-Jan-18
Yeah Shiloh Tim is right!! We tend to have a couple Cajun parties in pizzamans trophy room u need to come! Bigeasygator, iceman , BHMF86 are all pretty much in your backyard and hang out quite often.

27-Jan-18
I thought you Cajun Boys only hunted gator's like the Swamp people show:)

27-Jan-18
Bighorn sheep pizza and blue moon beer. Can’t go wrong with that combination in Louisiana

28-Jan-18
Not true bowboy! If you combine the species that me and Bigpizzaman have killed, we are only five animals away from the Super Slam! :-)

28-Jan-18
I don’t know if I could hang with you Cajun’s, but I gotta try it at least once!!

29-Jan-18
17 and counting. 29 may happen if I can stay focused. It is not a huge priority. I keep getting distracted by other opportunities.

Africa is in my blood.

29-Jan-18
I'd be happy if I could kill every species here in Montana with my bow. So far, just elk, whitetail, and black bear. Should be able to get an antelope and mule deer at some point. Then the mountain goat, Bighorn sheep, and Moose will require me finally drawing those species. Maybe even a mountain lion, and a wolf at some point too.

29-Jan-18
Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Buffalo (not free range), Quebec Caribou, Antelope, Black Bear. All DIY, public land archery except Caribou, required guide by law. Never a desire to take Mt. Lion & could have or any Sheep. Financially no way could I justify. So only 6 free range species & they make up nearly 150 archery kills so I've been blessed in my 60+ years of bowhunting.

• Sitka Gear